Barefoot Fisherman Expeditions
Known for a remarkable diversity in marine life in general, Belize is considered a world-class fishing destination. Fishing in Belize offers plenty of opportunities for all kinds of anglers. Come to Playa Asuncion and join Barefoot Fisherman Expeditions and Captain Raf Alamilla in fishing inshore waters, and exploring flats and the backcountry.
You’ll be fishing from a recently restored 23’ Panga flats boat that holds room for up to 2 anglers is powered by a 90 HP Suzuki engine. The boat’s got a modern GPS system for navigation and is rigged with snorkeling and spearfishing equipment, a livewell, and an ice-box.
You’ll have the chance to fish many species by using various techniques. Using light tackle, you can spin and fly fish for Tarpon, Bonefish, Permit, and Snook. Trolling goes for Snapper, Barracuda, and some other species. You’ll bottom fish for Snapper and Grouper, and you can also handline and spearfish for some of the mentioned as well as new species. You and the captain will be keeping your catch, with the exception of game fish which has to be released. Be free to bring your kids with you as well, it’s a great opportunity for them to enjoy nature and have fun at the same time.
There is nothing you’ll need to bring on your trip except for fishing licenses. Captain Raf will supply you with all the rods, reels, bait, food, and drinks, and he’ll even clean and fillet your catch free of charge.
Visit Barefoot Fisherman Expeditions in Playa Asuncion and embark on a beautiful adventure on the waters of Belize.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Panga (Flats boat) originally built in 2019, and restored in 2020. Powered by a 90HP Suzuki engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 5% fee.
FAQs about Barefoot Fisherman Expeditions
- $300 per group, additional $50 per person after 1 guest - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $300 per group, additional $50 per person after 1 guest - 3 Hour Trip – Night Fishing (3 hours)
- $300 per group, additional $50 per person after 1 guest - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 1 guest - 7 Hour Trip (7 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Live Bait Well
- Spearfishing Equipment
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- Inshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle (Spin fishing and fly fishing )
- Bottom Fishing (Snappers, groupers, etc)
- Trolling (Trolling for snappers, barracuda and other species)
- Spinning (Tarpon, bonefish, permit,snook etc)
- Fly Fishing (Tarpon, bonefish, permit,snook etc)
- Handline (Snappers, groupers, jacks etc.)
- Spearfishing (Snappers, groupers, lobsters, conch etc.)
- Barracuda (Great)
- Grouper (Goliath)
- Jack Crevalle
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Snapper (Cubera)
- Snapper (Mangrove)