Norval Reef Charters - MV Norval
Norval Reef Charters is here to make your fishing dreams come true. They specialize in multi-day offshore adventures taking you to the best spots on the whole East Coast to reel in more delicious fish than you’ll know what to do with. Climb aboard for 3, 6, or even 9 days offshore. Head home with bragging rights for the rest of your life.
The “MV Norval” is an 18.11m (60’) Microcraft vessel which was built for a life of hard work on the high seas. The boat can carry and sleep 12 guests comfortably. She has an air-conditioned interior with 2 toilets, 2 showers, and a full galley where meals will be prepared for you each day. This is more than a home from home, it’s a whole street!
As well as the main vessel, you’ll have the use of 3 tenders able to carry 4 anglers each. This maximizes your options and lets you enjoy a full range of techniques. Depending on where you fish, you could be targeting anything from Coral Trout and Cod to Tuna and Billfish, so you’ll need every trick you can fit up your sleeve.
On 3-day trips, you’ll be heading to the reefs around the Whitsundays. These trips stay closer to shore, so they’re great for families and kids. Stay out for 6 days, and you can speed out to Swains Reef to bring in some monster Cod, Coral Trout, Sweetlip, Red Emperor, and more.
If Swains Reef isn’t far enough for you, book in for a 9-day trip and you can head up to 200 miles offshore to remote spots that only a few vessels visit a year. This is the land of giants, and you can reel in several days’ worth of limits of all the Coral Sea’s top species.
All Norval Reef Charters trips come with 3 meals a day and plenty of drinks to keep you going. This includes 4 different brands of beer, because “the only thing better than fishing is fishing with free beer!” On top of this, your fish will be cleaned, filleted, and frozen to -30ºC. All rods, reels, and line are included. Just bring sinkers, hooks, and plenty of energy - you’ll need it!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Microcraft (Cruiser) originally built in 1974, and restored in 2012. Powered by a 236HP Gardner engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 10 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 30 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 1.5% fee.
Airlie Beach Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Norval Reef Charters - MV Norval
- AU $4,400 per day per group - 3 Day Trip - Whitsundays Reefs (3 days)
- AU $4,400 per day per group - 6 Day Trip - Swains Reef (6 days)
- AU $4,400 per day per group - 9 Day Trip - 200 Miles Offshore (9 days)
- Toilet (Fitted to freshwater flush)
- Air Conditioning (All cabins)
- GPS (Seaplot auto pilot)
- Fishfinder (Furuno 400)
- Bed (Bunk style)
- Flybridge (With seating + bbq)
- Snorkeling Equipment (Flippers, snorkels, and masks)
- Kitchen (Full kitchen)
- Refrigerator (1 in bar + 1 large in galley)
- Multimedia System
- Rods, reels & tackle (Excluding hooks and sinkers)
- Lures (Frozen bait and lures provided)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Also trophy fish gut and gill packed in foam)
- Drinks (3 brands of beer plus water and soft drinks)
- First Mate (Adam, trained to a high standard in hospitality)
- Fishing License
- Lunch (All meals provided. Chef can also cook your catch.)
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle (At night off the back of main boat)
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing (To 50 meters while drifting or anchored at night)
- Jigging (From tenders)
- Popping (From tenders)
- Fly Fishing ( From tenders)
- Handline (From tenders)
- Deep Sea Fishing (Down to 100 meters with deck winches)
- Cod (Breaksea)
- Coral Trout
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Snapper (Pink)
- Snapper (Red Emperor)
- Sweetlip Emperor
- Trevally (Giant)
- Tuna (Dogtooth)
- Tuna (Longtail)
- Yellowtail Amberjack