Have you ever dreamed of reeling in a Billfish in the pearlescent waters of Mauritius, but you aren’t a die-hard angler with decades of fishing experience? Your dream is a reality with Billfish! Captain Billy Lamarque will put you on the most prestigious bite around, no matter your skill level!
The “Billfish” is a 38’ custom-built cruiser, powered by twin 225HP turbo Perkins Sabre engines. It has a very spacious fishing area, a very comfortable seating area, and is fully equipped for big game fishing. Outriggers, downriggers, and even a center rigger, it’s all set up for maximum Billfish hookups.
Capt. Billy and his professional first mate Jerome have learned fishing with their late grandfather and other well-known fishermen of the area. Come and join them for a wonderful experience and share in the thrill of hearing that reel screaming. They’ll provide you with all the equipment and the know-how to battle many pelagic predators. You can target fish like Dogtooth, Yellowfin, and Skipjack Tuna, as well as Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Barracuda, and various Sharks.
The main stars of the show are the Black, Blue, and Striped Marlin, and Sailfish. After fishing for Skipjack to use as live bait you’ll head out to the 9000’ deep water to go after these torpedo-sized monsters.
While you’re waiting for the bite you can enjoy the breathtaking beauty of the coastline of Mauritius, as Dolphins playfully breach the surface near the boat.
What are you waiting for? Book a trip with Billfish now to start making your dream come true!
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Billfish
- MUR 18,000 per group - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- MUR 18,000 per group - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- MUR 20,000 per group - Extended Half Day Trip (5 hours)
- MUR 22,000 per group - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- MUR 26,000 per group - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- MUR 28,000 per group - Extended full day (9 hours)
- Fighting Chair
- GPS Humminbird Helix 9
- Fishfinder 1 KW sonar
- Outriggers 2 outriggers + 1 center rigger
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (When available)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Soft drinks and mineral water)
- First Mate
- Fishing License (The boat is authorized to navigate up to 12 mi.)
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing (Request in advance)
- Trolling (Lure and live bait)
- Jigging (Request in advance)
- Popping (Bring your own equipment)
- Deep Sea Fishing (Live bait (when available) and lure trolling)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Black)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (Striped)
- Shark (Hammerhead)
- Shark (Mako)
- Shark (Tiger)
- Tuna (Dogtooth)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
About the Captain
|72 Fishing Reports|
|ID & License verified|
|46 Customer reviews|
|Response time 1 hour|
|Member since June 2015|
About this listing
Custom (Cruiser) originally built in 1995, and restored in 2018. Powered by 2 225HP Perkins Sabre engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 15 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: