Come fish with light tackle saltwater fishing expert and IGFA world-record-holding fishing guide Captain Jim Ross. Jim has been a full-time charter captain in central Florida for over 24 years and is recognized as one of Florida’s most respected guides. He also hosts his own weekly live radio show on WWBC 1510 am, the WWBC app, and Facebook live every Saturday Morning from 7 to 9 am. Thousands of listeners tune in each week to hear Captain Jim and his guests on his "Catch a Memory Outdoors" program.
Captain Jim has been featured on many television shows as well including the Florida Insider Fishing Report for over 10 years, and multiple episodes of Addictive Fishing with captain Blair Wiggins over the past 20 years.
You’ll be fishing on a 24’ Skeeter that accommodates up to 4 guests. This boat was built new in 2021 and features a 300 HP Yamaha engine and top-notch navigational electronics. The boat also features a live bait tank, a fighting chair, and a cooler.
Explore flats and backcountry, which allow you to catch Speckled Trout, Redfish, Snook, Black Drum, Tarpon, and Ladyfish. You can also go near-coastal and target Shark, Jack, Redfish, King and Spanish Mackerel, Tripletail, Flounder, and more.
All fishing equipment, licenses, and bottled water are included in the price.
If you are looking to fish with one of the best fishing guides in the state of Florida- book your trip with Captain Jim Ross today!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Skeeter (Bay boat) originally built in 2021. Powered by a 300HP Yamaha 4.2 liter V6 engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 50 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Port Canaveral Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Captain Jim Ross
- $400 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour – Flats/Backcountry (AM) (4 hours)
- $400 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour – Flats/Backcountry (PM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - 5 Hour Trip – Near Coastal (AM) (5 hours)
- Fighting Chair
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (custom rods with top quality reels)
- Live Bait (shrimp, croakers, mullet, menhaden, pilchards, etc)
- Lures (Rapala, Saltwater Assassin, Storm )
- Catch cleaning & filleting (is our pleasure)
- Drinks (water )
- Fishing License (for everyone aboard the boat)
- River Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle (for maximum fun)
- Bottom Fishing (live and cut bait)
- Trolling (live bait slow trolling)
- Spinning (reels are reversible for left/right hand retreive)
- Jigging (lures and baitfish )
- Fly Fishing (experienced fly anglers only please)
- Drift Fishing (for tarpon, shark, cobia, etc)
- Barracuda (Great)
- Black Drum
- Jack Crevalle
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Snapper (Red)
- Speckled Trout