Note: We can pick you up at Sady Point or Kent Narrows also. We can also run up to 6 passengers on special request, please inquire with us before booking if you would like special pick up or more than 4 passengers.
While he normally launches from Rock Hall, Kent Island, or Sandy Point, his boat never sits in a slip, forced to fish one specific area. Instead, he prefers to trailer as the fish move as well as to target the different species that migrate in and out of the Chesapeake.
Capt. Ron prides himself on running a clean and well-maintained boat. His 25’ Seahunt boat is sized to handle the Chesapeake while also allowing you to get in skinny water or chase blitzing fish in open water. His new boat is completely rigged with all of the new electronics and accessories to handle fly or light tackle anglers. He also owns and operates the largest independent light tackle saltwater fishing rod company on the east coast, JLS Rods LLC.
When he’s not on the water fishing or guiding, he’s designing, building, and engineering fishing equipment for other anglers. If you’ve ever visited any of the area tackle shops, you’ve likely seen his products as JLS has become a staple name on the Chesapeake. Simply put, fishing is what he does!
Capt. Ron welcomes anyone from the beginner to the advanced angler wanting to experience the area’s finest sport fishing. He’ll provide all necessary licenses and tackle and the time you book with him is the time you will get on the water. There’s no bringing you back to the dock after you have a limit. You will pursue other species or catch and release.
The captain puts emphasis on being outdoors and experiencing a total fishing experience, not just bringing something home in a cooler. He’s also dedicated to conservation, working to restore and enhance the Chesapeake as he feels it’s important to give back more than he takes.
With such an expert at your side, all that’s left is to pick a date and book a trip!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Seahunt (Center console) originally built in 2023. Powered by a 300HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 55 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Rock Hall Fishing Calendar
FAQs about JLS Light Tackle Guide Service LLC
- $175 per person - 5 Hour Trip – Walk On (AM) (5 hours)
- $175 per person - 5 Hour Trip – Walk On (PM) (5 hours)
- $550 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Fishing/Sightseeing (5 hours)
- $550 per group - 5 Hour Trip (AM) (5 hours)
- $550 per group - 5 Hour Trip (PM) (5 hours)
- $750 per group - 7 Hour Trip (7 hours)
- GPS Garmin and humminbird
- Fishfinder Garmin and humminbird
- Flybridge Custom built for sight fishing
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor Minn kota with spot lock to hold you on the fish
- Ice Box We have a full compliment of Engel coolers
- Radar Garmin
- Rods, reels & tackle (Custom rods paired with shimano and Diawa reels)
- Lures (All tackle is provided)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Bottled water)
- First Mate (For parties larger than 4)
- Fishing License (We provide all needed licenses for the Chesapeake )
- Fly Fishing Equipment (Please inquire first about your needs)
- River Fishing (Tributary rivers of the Chesapeake)
- Inshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing (Please provide your own fly rod)
- Bass (Striped)
- Perch (White)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Speckled Trout