From casting a top water plug in the shallows to blitzing fish in open water, a day on the water with JLS Light Tackle charters is always exciting. Captain Ron has over 30 years of fishing experience in both fresh and saltwater fishing.
While he normally launches from Rock Hall, Kent Island, or Sandy Point, his boat never sits in a slip, forced to fish one specific area. Instead, he prefers to trailer as the fish move as well as to target the different species that migrate in and out of the Chesapeake.
Capt. Ron prides himself on running a clean and well-maintained boat. His 21’ Seahunt boat is sized to handle the Chesapeake while also allowing you to get in skinny water when the fish are shallow.
Being in the industry allows the captain to work with several manufacturers to ensure he always has the best tackle and gear on the boat. He also owns and operates the largest independent light tackle saltwater fishing rod company on the east coast, JLS Rods LLC.
When he’s not on the water fishing or guiding, he’s designing, building, and engineering fishing equipment for other anglers. If you’ve ever visited any of the area tackle shops, you’ve likely seen his products as JLS has become a staple name on the Chesapeake. Simply put, fishing is what he does!
Capt. Ron welcomes anyone from the beginner to the advanced angler wanting to experience the area’s finest sport fishing. He’ll provide all necessary licenses and tackle and the time you book with him is the time you will get on the water. There’s no bringing you back to the dock after you have a limit. You will pursue other species or catch and release.
The captain puts emphasis on being outdoors and experiencing a total fishing experience, not just bringing something home in a cooler. He’s also dedicated to conservation, working to restore and enhance the Chesapeake as he feels it’s important to give back more than he takes.
With such an expert at your side, all that’s left is to pick a date and book a trip!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Seahunt (Center console) originally built in 2016. Powered by a 150HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 45 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Rock Hall Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about JLS Light Tackle Guide Service LLC
- $150 per person - Evening Walk On Trip (8 hours)
- $150 per person - Morning Walk On Trip (5 hours)
- $175 per person - 5 Hour – Walk On Kent Narrows (AM) (5 hours)
- $175 per person - 5 Hour – Walk On Kent Narrows (PM) (5 hours)
- $175 per person - 5 Hour – Walk On Sandy Point (AM) (5 hours)
- $175 per person - 5 Hour – Walk On Sandy Point (PM) (5 hours)
- $300 per group - 3 Hour Quick Hitter (AM) (3 hours)
- $300 per group - 3 Hour Quick Hitter (PM) Rock Hall (3 hours)
- $450 per group - 5 Hour Trip (AM) Rock Hall (5 hours)
- $450 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Fishing/Sightseeing (5 hours)
- $450 per group - 5 Hour Trip (PM) Rock Hall (5 hours)
- $500 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Kent Narrows (AM) (5 hours)
- $500 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Kent Narrows (PM) (5 hours)
- $500 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Sandy Point (AM) (5 hours)
- $500 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Sandy Point (PM) (5 hours)
- $750 per group - 7 Hour Trip (7 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Bottled water)
- Fishing License
- River Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing
- Bass (Striped)
- Perch (White)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Speckled Trout