If you want to stock up your fridge with some tasty Salmon, this is the fishing adventure for you. Contact Salmon City Charters, and they’ll take you on fishing trips that specialize in Salmon fishing. Their Captain has vast fishing experience and he’ll teach you all the tricks to get your catch.
Cruise the waters of the Strait of Georgia on board a 22’ Boston Whaler Outrage which is being fully restored for the 2022 season. It is spacious enough to take on groups of 3 guests per trip. The boat is fitted with a 200 HP Yamaha engine that can reach 40 knots, so you’ll be going from one fishing spot to another in no time. For the optimal fishing experience, you can use downriggers and advanced fish finding equipment is also available. NEW for the 2022 season: Brand new Suzuki main engine, custom T-top to keep you out of the elements, and two new swivel chairs have been added for increased guest comfort.
This charter covers inshore and nearshore areas that include reefs. Catch Chinook Salmon all year round. If you want to target Coho, you’ll most likely encounter them in summer and early fall. Lingcod are also commonly caught while trolling for Salmon. When it comes to fishing techniques, you can test your skills with both light tackle and heavy tackle. A combination of hardware and bait is used, depending on the season. Stack up the downriggers and go down deep, or mooch cut-plug herring in close to shore while targeting the elusive Tyee.
Be sure to get your British Columbia fishing license since the charter doesn’t cover it. As for the necessary fishing gear and lures, they’re all provided. The crew will offer drinks and snacks if you need refreshments or to re-energize. If you get lucky, you can choose to release or keep your catch. If you want to keep it, the captain will clean it for you professionally.
Kids are welcome, so don’t miss this relaxing opportunity to stock up your fridge with some delicious fresh Salmon. Book a trip with Salmon City Charters!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Boston Whaler (Center console) originally built in 1989, and restored in 2022. Powered by a 200HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Nanaimo Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Salmon City Charters
- CA $330 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 2 guests - 3 Hour Trip (PM) (3 hours)
- CA $400 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- CA $500 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 2 guests - 5 Hour Trip (5 hours)
- CA $700 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 2 guests - 7 Hour Trip (7 hours)
- CA $900 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 2 guests - 10 Hour Trip–Fish, Prawns, Crabbing (10 hours)
- Multimedia System (Fire up your own playlist, or let the Captain spin)
- Ice Box (Always stocked with ice and plenty of soda/water.)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (Anchovy and Herring both used, depending on season)
- Lures (Spoons, Plugs, Hoochies, Flashers all included)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Fish professionally cleaned/bagged by your Captain)
- Snacks (Boat snacks are included in your trip price)
- Drinks (Non alcoholic drinks (soft drinks/water) included)
- First Mate (Available upon request. )
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Salmon (Chinook)
- Salmon (Chum)
- Salmon (Coho)