Tippin’ Scales Charters believes that a fishing trip with family and friends creates memories that last a lifetime. With the customer experience at the foundation, this crew goes to great lengths to provide a successful, safe, and comfortable trip out of Montauk, New York. Have a special need or request? No problem. Captain Patrick Gallagher can customize your fishing experience for your specific needs. From first-time anglers to experienced regulars, the captain looks forward to guiding your group and putting you in the best possible position to catch fish. Reach out and let him know what he can do to get you fishing!
The captain’s restored 30’ Aquasport 275 Express Tournament Edition walkaround has a 10’ beam providing a stable fishing platform. A full-size bathroom creates the extra privacy needed for women and children. There’s also a kitchen and a bed you can use.
The boat runs on twin 225 HP Mercury engines and uses full-featured navigation technology to put you on the fish quickly and safely. It’s equipped with outriggers and a livewell and features a refrigerator and an ice-box. A first mate will also join your trip and provide any help you may need.
You’ll target Striped Bass, Fluke, Black Seabass, Porgy, Bluefish, and Tautog. Shark and Tuna trips are available upon request. To reel in your prey, you’ll use both light and heavy tackle and you can try out bottom fishing, deep sea fishing, spinning, jigging, drift fishing, and Flounder gigging. If you want to, you can keep your catch. Kids are welcome to come aboard, so feel free to bring them along and create a lovely family atmosphere on the boat.
Every trip includes the best tackle, bait, ice, and fish cleaning services. Captain Patrick also takes care of licenses, so the only things left for you to bring are whatever food and drinks you like.
Come join Tippin’ Scales Charters and have a fishing trip to remember!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
|2 Customer reviews|
|Response time within an hour|
|Member since August 2021|
About this listing
Aquasort (Walkaround) originally built in 2001, and restored in 2019. Powered by 2 225HP Mercury engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Montauk Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Tippin' Scales Charters
- $700 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Black Seabass / Porgy (5 hours)
- $900 per group - 6 Hour – Striper/Bluefish/Albie (6 hours)
- $900 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Fall Blackfish/Tog (6 hours)
- $900 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Striped Bass (AM) (6 hours)
- $900 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Striper / Bottomfish (6 hours)
- $1,000 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Striped Bass (PM) (6 hours)
- $1,200 per group - Full Day Trip – Shark Charter (8 hours)
- $1,800 per group - Full Day Trip – Tuna Charter (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Porgy only trips cleaning is not included)
- First Mate (For certain trips a first mate will be needed)
- Fishing License
- River Fishing (Hudson River April/May)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle (Offshore Shark and Tuna)
- Bottom Fishing (Jigging for a wide variety of saltwater species)
- Spinning (Light tackle spinning for Striper)
- Jigging (Jigging for Fluke, Porgy, Seabass)
- Drift Fishing
- Flounder Gigging
- Deep Sea Fishing (Shark and Tuna)
- Bass (Striped)
- Scup (Porgy)
- Seabass (Black)
- Shark (Blue)
- Shark (Mako)
- Shark (Thresher)
- Tuna (Bluefin)