Mega Bites Charters goes to the limit for you.
2023 promises stellar Lake Erie fishing season!
A new season is just around the corner. By late March, walleye and trout begin their spawning run and by mid-April anglers are pursuing them. Mega Bites Charters provides light tackle fishing and fall trolling in Lake Erie. The company operated by Captain Tony Denslow, one of the top veteran fishing guides in the area. Mega Bites Charters will make sure you spend some quality time fishing on one of the most beautiful lakes in America.
You will be fishing aboard a spacious 30’ Baha Cruisers boat, powered by a 350 HP GM 7.4 L engine. The vessel’s Raymarine navigational electronics will ensure you have a quality experience on the water. What is more, there is a cuddy cabin if a passenger needs to rest, a private toilet and a large cushioned cooler ice-box for your seating comfort.
Capt. Tony’s dock is in Vermilion, Ohio. Millions of fish, especially Walleye, ply these waters year around, all the way to the Canadian border. Mega Bites Charters specializes in light tackle fishing for Smallmouth Bass, Walleye, Yellow Perch, and Catfish. Trolling is also available. Trips vary from five and six-hour weekdays to seven and eight-hour on weekends.
Your trip will include professional type (St. Croix) rods, reels, tackle, live bait, and lures. You may want to bring your own snacks and drinks. Please, keep in mind that Mega Bites Charters has a no alcohol policy on their charters, so any alcoholic beverage stronger than beer is forbidden aboard.
A note about fishing cleaning. Cleaning is the responsibility of the customer. There are two fish cleaning businesses in Vermilion that perform expert filleting of your catch. Capt. Tony will provide directions to both.
Please note, the fee you pay to book your reservation is not forwarded to Mega Bites Charters. Only the balance is collected by the captain at the end of the day.
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Mega Bites Charters
- $585 per group - 5 Hour Trip – For those in a hurry (5 hours)
- $670 per day per group - 6 Hour Trip (6 hours)
- $740 per group - Seven hour walleye day (7 hours)
- GPS Raymarine GPS
- Fishfinder Raymarine MFD
- Multimedia System AM/FM stereo
- Ice Box 260 qt cooler that doubles as cushioned seating
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (Night crawlers and minnows)
- Lures (Supplied)
- First Mate (Only for trolling)
- Lake Fishing (From Ohio shore to Canada)
- Nearshore Fishing (April, May, June we target walleye in 15-30 FOW)
- Offshore Fishing (In mid-summer walleyes are found 4-8 miles out)
- Reef Fishing (The famed "Sand Bar" off Vermilion, OH )
- Light Tackle (Casting lures for bass and walleye)
- Bottom Fishing (Basic fishing for perch and catfish)
- Trolling (Mid-to late summer. )
- Spinning (Mostly 6 ft. St. Croix medium action rod/reels )
- Jigging (Occasionally in the spring)
- Drift Fishing (This is common for walleyes and very effective)
- Bass (Smallmouth)
- Bass (White)
- Freshwater Drum
- Perch (White)
- Perch (Yellow)
Meet the Captain
About this listing
Baha Cruisers (Walkaround) originally built in 1998. Powered by a 350HP GM 7.4L engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 25 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: