Mega Bites Charters provides light tackle fishing in Lake Erie. They are run and operated by Captain Tony, one of the best specialists in the area. Mega Bites Charters will make sure you spend some quality time with your fishing pole on the waters of one of the most beautiful lakes of the continent.
You will be sailing aboard a spacious 30-foot Baha Cruisers boat, powered by a 350HP GM 7.4L engine. The vessel’s navigational electronics will ensure you have a quality experience on the water. What is more, there is a bed and a toilet on board, as well as an anchoring system and an ice-box for your maximum comfort.
Docks are maintained in the Port Clinton area in the spring, and Vermilion, Ohio the rest of the season. Millions of fish, especially Walleye, migrate east of the Lake Erie Islands into the deep waters off Vermilion during the summer so a move makes sense. Mega Bites Charters specializes in light tackle fishing for Smallmouth Bass, Walleye, Yellow Perch, and Catfish. Trips vary from four hours weekdays to six and seven hours on weekends.
Your trip will include rods, reels, tackle, live bait, and lures. You may want to bring your own snacks and drinks. Please, keep in mind that Mega Bites Charters has No Alcohol policy on their charters, so any alcoholic beverage stronger than beers is forbidden aboard.
With a simple objection of keeping the action going all day long, Mega Bites Charters will make sure to give you some lifetime memories!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Baha Cruisers (Angler) originally built in 1998. Powered by a 350HP GM 7.4L engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 25 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
Vermilion Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Mega Bites Charters
- $480 per group - Half Day Trip (4 hours)
- $580 per group - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- $680 per group - Full Day Trip (7 hours)
- $680 per group - Lake Erie Yellow Perch (7 hours)
- GPS (Raymarine GPS)
- Fishfinder (Raymarine MFD)
- Multimedia System (AM/FM stereo)
- Ice Box (260 qt cooler that doubles as cushioned seating)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Drinks (I usually have several bottles of water)
- First Mate (Only for trolling)
- Lake Fishing (From Ohio shore to Canada)
- Nearshore Fishing (April, May, June we target walleye in 15-30 FOW)
- Offshore Fishing (In mid-summer walleyes are found 4-8 miles out)
- Reef Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Light Tackle (Casting lures for bass and walleye)
- Bottom Fishing (Basic fishing for perch and catfish)
- Trolling (Using linecounter reels and 7 foot rods)
- Spinning (Mostly 6 ft. St. Croix medium action rod/reels )
- Jigging (Occasionally in the spring)
- Drift Fishing (This is common for walleyes and very effective)
- Bass (Smallmouth)
- Bass (White)
- Perch (White)
- Perch (Yellow)