Always Hookin Fishing Charters is a father-and-son owned and operated charter service located in Jacksonville. USCG Captain Big Greg is a retired law enforcement officer with 30 years of experience. USCG Captain Gregory has years of experience with charters and loves to fish competitively in numerous tournaments. Captain Gregory and crew were Grand Champions of the Jrs Greater Jax Kingfish Tournament in 2020, winning their own boat!
They will take you and your party out on their beautiful 31’ Contender boat to have fun times and catch a bunch of fish. Their Contender is top-notch with new interior, twin supercharged Mercury 300 Verado engines, and plenty of room to stretch out and fish.
They fish with newer quality equipment and rods and reels. No junk here. They are also very safety conscious, having newer electronics, EPIRB satellite beacon, satellite texting, 2 VHF radios, new type 1 personal flotation devices, and more.
These captains fish wrecks, reefs, ledges, and live bottom. They mainly target King Mackerel (Kingfish), Snapper, Cobia, Tarpon, Grouper, Black Drum, Dolphin (Mahi Mahi), Bull Redfish, and Tuna, depending on the season and conditions.
From novice to advanced, they will show you how to use their tackle for bottom fishing and different techniques for trolling big game fish.
All rods, reels, bait, tackle, and gas are included in the price so you can focus on what really matters, fishing. Your trip will also include all the necessary fishing licenses and permits for the day. The crew will clean and fillet your catch for you to take home at the end of the trip. Tip your crew for good service!
Book with them for a most excellent day!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Contender (Center console) originally built in 2006, and restored in 2021. Powered by 2 300HP Mercury engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 45 knots.
Types of fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and avoid unnecessary hassle with carrying extra cash.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Jacksonville Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Always Hookin Fishing Charters–31' Contender
- $455 per group, additional $70 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Bull Redfish (AM) (4 hours)
- $455 per group, additional $70 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Bull Redfish (PM) (4 hours)
- $880 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour – Nearshore or Offshore (AM) (4 hours)
- $1,080 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hour Trip – Nearshore or Offshore (6 hours)
- $1,325 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour Trip – Nearshore or Offshore (8 hours)
- $3,200 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Ledge Trip (12 hours)
- Toilet In console (see pic)
- GPS Dual 12 inch Garmin 7612
- Fishfinder Garmin
- Live Bait Well Twin Tanks
- Ice Box Coolers and fishboxes
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate (On some trips)
- Fishing License (We supply all your fishing licenses andfedwral per)
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Black)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Seabass (Black)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Red)
- Tuna (Blackfin)