Always Hookin Fishing Charters is a father-and-son owned and operated charter service located in Jacksonville. USCG Captain Big Greg is retired from law enforcement with over 32 years of experience. USCG Captain Gregory has been fishing these waters since he was 5 years old. He is a full time Captain and Commercial fisherman. He also loves to fish competitively in numerous tournaments. Captain Gregory and crew have won or placed in numerous tournaments throughout Florida. Gregory loves to put you on fish and show you different techniques to catch them.
What sets them apart from most charters is their ability to find & catch fish AND their beautiful 31’ Contender Boat that is comfortable and quick. Our "Always Hookin" Contender is top-notch with a new interior, twin supercharged Mercury 300 Verado engines, and plenty of room to stretch out and fish. Smaller boats mean a rougher ride out and back, ride on our Cadillac of boats! We also have a marine toilet onboard (head).
They fish with newer quality equipment and rods and reels,they weigh less and are easier to reel. The Captains are also safety conscious, having newer electronics; EPIRB satellite beacon, satellite texting, 2 VHF radios, Type-1 personal flotation devices, and more.
Captains Big Greg and Gregory fish wrecks, reefs, ledges, & live bottom. They mainly target King Mackerel (Kingfish), Snapper, Cobia, Tarpon, Grouper, Black Drum, Dolphin (Mahi Mahi), Redfish, Tuna, and more depending on the season and conditions.
From novice to advanced, they will show you how to use their tackle for bottom fishing and different techniques for trolling big game fish.
All rods, reels, bait, tackle, and gas are included in the price so you can focus on what really matters, fishing. Your trip will also include all the necessary fishing licenses and permits for the day. The crew will clean and fillet your catch for you to take home at the end of the trip. Tips appreciate
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Always Hookin Fishing Charters–31' Contender
- $550 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour BULL REDFISH Trips (4 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Afternoon 4 Hour Beach-Near Shore (4 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Morning 4 Hour Beach- Near Shore (4 hours)
- $895 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Afternoon 4 Hour Trip – Offshore (4 hours)
- $895 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Morning 4 Hour Trip – Offshore (4 hours)
- $1,125 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Morning 6 Hour Trip –Offshore (6 hours)
- $1,400 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Morning 8 Hour Trip – Offshore (8 hours)
- $1,700 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Morning 10 Hour Offshore Trip (10 hours)
- $2,500 per group - Morning 12 Hour Trip –Ledge Trip (12 hours)
- Toilet In console (see pic)
- GPS Dual 12 inch Garmin 7612
- Fishfinder Garmin
- Live Bait Well Twin Tanks
- Wireless Trolling Motor Brand New Rhodan GPS Spotlock
- Ice Box Coolers and fishboxes
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting (My crew works for TIPS)
- First Mate (On most trips)
- Fishing License (We supply all your fishing licenses and permits)
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Black)
- Grouper (Gag)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Scup (Porgy)
- Seabass (Black)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Red)
- Snapper (Vermilion)
- Tuna (Blackfin)
Meet the Captain
About this listing
Contender (Center console) originally built in 2006, and restored in 2021. Powered by 2 300HP Mercury engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 45 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 3 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: