Capt. Trentin Leary is located in Islamorada and would love to show you a memorable time on these waters!
You’re looking at 4 to 8-hour trips most of the time, where you’ll go after the likes of Tarpon, Snapper, Snook, Redfish, Permit, and Grouper, and more depending on the weather and time of year. We also offer shorter 2 hour trips, however fishing options are much more limited but you can still get out on the water to enjoy Islamorada, and usually catch a few fish. Capt. Trentin is a big fan of live bait fishing and will often bring live shrimp from the marina, and many days catch live pilchards or mullet to use to give you a better opportunity at catching quality fish!
Your boat for the day will be a classic 1977 custom restored 22’ SeaCraft center console that can comfortably fish 3 anglers. We will book trips with 4 anglers, however this is usually best with two adults and two kids on half day trips. Seating options are limited and one person will have to be standing and holding the leaning post while running, so be aware of that. The boat comes with an ice box and is outfitted with a 200 HP Yamaha outboard to get you to the fish quickly. SeaCraft boats have a great reputation as being comfortable boats and the 70’s models are very desirable for restoration project boats.
All the necessary fishing gear is included in the price of your trip. We typically use all quality PENN spinfishing gear on our charters. We can assist novices in casting so no prior experience is required. The captain will supply all the needed fishing licenses for your excursion.
You can keep anything you catch as long as it’s legal to do so. Capt. Trentin is happy to filet your fish at the end of the trip for you to either take to cook or bring to any of our wonderful local restaurants for them to prepare.
This is a children-friendly charter, so you’re welcome to bring your kids for a fun fishing adventure.
Book your trip now and hit the water with Capt. Trentin Leary!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Capt. Trentin Leary
- $350 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - 2 Hour Trip (AM) (2 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - 2 Hour Trip (PM) (2 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Seasonal Evening Trip (4PM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Seasonal Half Day Trip (12 PM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Seasonal Half Day Trip (7 AM) (4 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Seasonal 3/4 Day Trip (12 PM) (6 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Seasonal 3/4 Day Trip (7 AM) (6 hours)
- $900 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Seasonal Full Day Trip (7AM) (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor 36 Volt MinnKota w/ Spot Lock, alternator charger
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License (Everglades pass may be needed, which angler buys)
- Nearshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Shark (Bull)
- Shark (Lemon)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spanish Mackerel (Narrow-barred)
Meet the Charter Operator
About this listing
SeaCraft (Bay boat) originally built in 1977, and restored in 2017. Powered by a 200HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 25% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: