Reel Easy Charters is a professional fishing guide service out of Hurricane Hole Marina, Key West. They offer you the chance to fish the shallow waters like a local, with Captain John Jackson. A Sugarloaf Key native, he’s been fishing the area for over 30 years. An avid angler to this day, he still regularly competes in tournaments, and offers guided fishing trips for anglers of all levels to target these species and more.
Hop aboard the 24’ Yellowfin bay boat and see what all the fuss is about. This light vessel comes powered with a 300 HP Mercury Verado, that provides speedy and agile fishing in a variety of waters. Whizz off to the productive grounds, before quietly pursuing your spooky targets in the shallows. Equipped with twin livewells, a built-in cooler, and a 10’ Power-Pole anchoring system, the boat has everything you need for a successful fishing trip.
Get in touch with your captain before coming aboard, and let him know what you’d like to do. Choose between calm water backcountry fishing, as well as reef and wreck trips, or even head to the deep waters. Capt. John can advise what’s best based on your age and experience, and you can rest assured that you’ll be in for a trip tailored to your needs.
Most of the fishing takes place in the flats and bays looking towards the Gulf of Mexico. You’ll mainly be using spinning gear with live bait such as mullet, pilchards, crabs, and whitebait, but your target is up to how. Fancy the holy grail of Permit and Tarpon? No problem. How about Redfish, Snook, and Trout in the backcountry? You’ve got it. A trip to the reefs for Barracuda, Snappers, and Groupers? It’s yours.
Capt. John will go out of his way to make sure you have a day to remember. All you need to do is bring some drinks and snacks and settle in for a thrilling day with Reel Easy Charters. Come aboard and discover some of the best fishing in the US!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Yellowfin (Bay boat) originally built in 2014. Powered by a 300HP Mercury Verado engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and avoid any additional costs or unnecessary hassle with carrying cash.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Key West Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Reel Easy Charters
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip – Tarpon (Sunset) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip – Tarpon (AM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- $1,000 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- $1,100 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip – Tarpon (8 hours)
- $1,200 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip – Marquesas Keys (8 hours)
- $1,500 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Extended Full Day Trip (12 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Live Bait Well
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Grouper (Black)
- Grouper (Gag)
- Grouper (Goliath)
- Jack Crevalle
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Shark (Hammerhead)
- Snapper (Lane)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)