Book your next trip with Bug Sportfishing and find out what makes fishing out of Old Bridge Township so unique.
Depending on the season, you might hook into Striped Bass, Black Seabass, Flounder, Bluefin Tuna, Yellowfin Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Mako Shark, Thresher Shark, White Marlin, Wahoo, and whatever else takes the bait.
On these trips, it’s common to troll and bottom fish using light or heavy tackle, as well as sight fishing/casting. Capt. James also offers kite fishing.
Any fish within the legal limit are yours to take home. Capt. James can even clean your catch for you. How’s that for fresh seafood?
Families who love fishing together will be glad to know that kids are welcome aboard! If you don’t have a child-sized life vest of your own, be sure to ask if there’s one on board. Snacks are never a bad idea so that nobody gets cranky on an empty stomach!
Capt. James will bring you aboard a 32’ Contender offshore sport fishing boat with a capacity for 6 passengers. It has outriggers, downriggers, and all the essentials no fishing machine can run without. There’s a toilet on board for your convenience. Capt. James will supply rods and reels for you, as well as lures. Live bait is available, but it’s good to ask about this so you know if you’ll be catching it yourself.
You’ll have the help of a First Mate (**optional!**) to put you on fish and make the most of your trip. Mates often work for tips and it’s customary to offer them a 10%–20% gratuity.
There’s no need to buy a fishing license, so all you have to do is look forward to your trip! Have in mind that you may release some fish due to regulations. Your captain will help you follow regulations while you fish.
It’s recommended to bring sunblock (non-spray), Sports drink, and sunglasses. Bottled water is included, free of charge.
Now’s the time to experience fishing in Old Bridge Township for yourself, with Bug Sportfishing!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Bug Sportfishing – Raritan
- $600 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Striped Bass (AM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Striped Bass (PM) (4 hours)
- $900 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Striped Bass (AM) (6 hours)
- $900 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Striped Bass (PM) (6 hours)
- Toilet Full enclosed Bathroom with toilet and sink
- Air Conditioning Fully air conditioned cabin, bathroom, and helm
- GPS All new Garmin electronics Suite, XM Weather
- Fishfinder Airmar 3KW Transducer- Networked to all screens
- Bed 2 person bunk in bow of boat
- Flybridge Marlin tower for spotting fish/trolling
- Live Bait Well 2X 40 Gallon wells in transom
- Kitchen Offshore trips have outdoor grill, refrigerator
- Refrigerator Electric fridge in cabin (not large)
- Multimedia System XM radio/Weather, Full stereo throughout
- Ice Box 2 Large boxes in cockpit (1 under seat,1 YETI)
- Radar Garmin 24XHD Radar, FLIR Nightvision Camera
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (depends on target species)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Some Waters/Gatorade - personal drinks ENCOURAGED)
- First Mate (Mate available by request)
- Fishing License (License Included with trip)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Kite Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Bass (Striped)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (White)
- Seabass (Black)
- Shark (Mako)
- Shark (Thresher)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
Meet the Captain
About this listing
Contender (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 2007. Powered by 2 300HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 35 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 3 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 25% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: