Book your next trip with Gettin’ Tight Charters and find out what you’re missing in Big Pine Key. With Captain Todd at the helm, you’re in knowledgeable and experienced hands.
Local species include Amberjack, Cobia, Mahi Mahi, Black Grouper, Snowy Grouper, Almaco Jack, Kingfish, Blue Marlin, Blackfin Tuna, Wahoo, Sailfish, and more if conditions are right.
During the trip, you might be spinning, trolling, drifting, jigging, bottom fishing, or maybe something more specialized in this area. Capt. Todd also offers kite fishing.
Families making a day of it will be glad to know that kids are welcome aboard! If you don’t have a child-sized life vest of your own, be sure to ask if there’s one on board. And, you can’t go wrong with snacks so that nobody gets grumpy on an empty belly!
Your trip begins aboard a 30’ Cobia center console with a capacity for 6 passengers. It has outriggers, and all the essentials no fishing machine can run without. There’s a toilet on board for your convenience. You’ll find rods, reels, and tackle waiting for you, along with lures. Live bait is on offer, but it’s good to ask about this so you know if you’ll be catching it yourself.
There will be a First Mate on board to help your trip run smoothly. It’s customary to tip the Mate 10–20% to show your appreciation.
The charter boat covers your fishing license, so all you have to do is show up ready for a good time! Be mindful that some species may have special rules or limited seasons. Your captain will help you follow regulations while you fish.
A few items to bring include sunglasses, a hat, sunblock (non-spray), and bottled water. If you’d like to bring other drinks, just ask. Alcohol is allowed in moderation, but you should avoid hard liquor as well as glass bottles.
How often would you rather be fishing? Go on and turn that daydream into a reality, with Gettin’ Tight Charters.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Gettin' Tight Charters
- $500 per group - Half Day Trip – Lobster (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half day bridge/mangrove island (4 hours)
- $750 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Lobster (6 hours)
- $800 per group - Half Day Trip – Reef & Wreck (4 hours)
- $1,000 per group - Half Day Trip – Deep Dropping (4 hours)
- $1,000 per group - Half Day Trip – Offshore (4 hours)
- $1,100 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Reef & Wreck (6 hours)
- $1,250 per group - Full Day Trip – Lobster (8 hours)
- $1,300 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Deep Drop (6 hours)
- $1,300 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Offshore (6 hours)
- $1,400 per group - Full Day Trip – Reef & Wreck (8 hours)
- $1,600 per group - Full Day Trip – Deep Drop (8 hours)
- $1,600 per group - Full Day Trip – Offshore (8 hours)
- $2,000 per group - Full Day Trip – Swordfish (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Kite Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Black)
- Grouper (Snowy)
- Jack (Almaco)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Tuna (Blackfin)
Meet the Captain
About this listing
Cobia (Center console) originally built in 2014. Powered by 2 300HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 25% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: