If you’re ready to go fishing in Marathon, we’ve got you covered with Captain Jay Charters II. Having logged many hours on these tides, Captain Jason can tell you all about them.
Top targets include Great Barracuda, Cobia, Black Grouper, Goliath Grouper, Jack Crevalle, Lobster, Mutton Snapper, Lane Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Yellowtail Snapper, Tarpon, and more with any luck. You’ll target your catch by spinning, trolling, drifting, jigging, bottom fishing, or maybe something more specialized in this area. Capt. Jason also offers fly fishing, but you may need to bring your own fly gear.
Capt. Jason welcomes anglers of all ages, including kids, so feel free to make a family day out of it! Be sure to ask if child-sized life vests are available, otherwise, you should bring your own. Also, remember to bring snacks so that nobody gets cranky on an empty belly!
Your trip begins aboard a 24 ft Sea Hunt center console that holds up to 4 passengers. It comes with all the essentials. You’ll find rods, reels, and tackle waiting for you, as well as lures. Live bait is on offer, but you should ask the captain whether you’ll be catching it yourself.
Your fishing license for the day is covered by the charter boat, just show up ready for a good time! Some fish have special regulations, including when you can keep them. Your captain will help you follow regulations while you fish. Some essentials to bring are sunscreen (non-spray), a hat, and sunglasses. Bottled water and ice are included, free of charge. Alcohol is allowed in moderation, just avoid hard liquor as well as glass bottles.
Now’s the time to experience fishing in Marathon for yourself, with Captain Jay Charters II!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Captain Jay Charters 2 (Bay Boat)
- $550 per group - 3 Hour Trip (AM) (3 hours)
- $550 per group - 3 Hour Trip (PM) (3 hours)
- $625 per group - 1/2 fish/ snorkel/island hop (4 hours)
- $625 per group - 1/2 fish/ snorkel/island hop (copy) (4 hours)
- $650 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Inshore/Reef (AM) (4 hours)
- $650 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Inshore/Reef (PM) (4 hours)
- $650 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Lobster (AM) (4 hours)
- $650 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Lobster (PM) (4 hours)
- $750 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Lobster (AM) (4 hours)
- $750 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Lobster (PM) (4 hours)
- $800 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Inshore/Reef (AM) (6 hours)
- $800 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Inshore/Reef (PM) (6 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Rods, reels & tackle (Top of the line custom rods and reels)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting (We will filet and package the fish in sealed bags )
- Drinks (We will have a cooler with water and ice for you)
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Grouper (Black)
- Grouper (Goliath)
- Jack Crevalle
- Snapper (Lane)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)
- Snapper (Yellowtail)
Meet the Charter Operator
About this listing
Sea Hunt (Center console) originally built in 2010, and restored in 2023. Powered by a 300HP Suzuki engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 1 day before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 25% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: