BlueRampage Charter Fishing Algarve
If you’re passionate about Big Game Fishing then you need to come to Marina Albufeira - Algarve / Portugal….. And fish with Blue Rampage Charters.
The owner and skipper is from Germany, and the mate is from Portugal. The pair have come together in this spot because this is the place to be if you want to take part in professional Big Game Fishing while remaining in an easily accessible European location.
The team aboard Blue Rampage regularly catches huge Blue Marlin ranging from 600 to over 1000 lbs. Aside from Blue Marlin, they also catch large numbers of White Marlin, as well as Tuna and Dorado. There is great fishing for a variety of species all season long so come fish with us and enjoy one of the best fishing areas in Portugal - Algarve: Marina Albufeira!
Not only will you be in one of the best places for big game fishing, you can also enjoy great views, having the chance to see many species of whales, dolphins, turtles, and more. What are you waiting for? It’s time to hook a Marlin!
Most Popular Features:
Most Popular Features:
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About this listing
Rampage (Express cruiser) originally built in 1991, and restored in 2016. Powered by 2 290HP 5.9 Cummins QSB engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 28 knots.
20% deposit charged upfront by FishingBooker to guarantee your reservation. The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the captain on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: Cash, Bank Transfer, PayPal.
About the Charter Operator
Member since March 2016
Went fishing on July 6, 2016
We went out for a five hours hoping to catch tuna and/or Dorado mainly. We had zero bites, which felt a bit disappointing of course. However it’s totally understandable. Getting big fish requires luck as well. No matter how experienced the skipper, he can’t make tuna appear out of thin air. Sometimes the fish don’t bite.
But there are things that owners, skipper and crew can control.
Here are some pros and cons of our experience.
On the negative side:
- One of the two engines had trouble starting so we got out of port an hour late. We were compensated with an extra hour of fishing in fairness, but the engines stopped on a several of occasions and were tricky starting up again, once even coming back to port with meeting traffic. That wasn’t great.
- Snacks and soft drinks were supposed to be included but we were offered none though out the whole day, which turned out to be longer than expected due to engine problems. A bag of crisps, a soft drink or a tuna sandwich - it doesn’t do much damage to the profit margin but it lifts the customer experience considerably. Worth noting perhaps when you’re charging premium price.
On the plus side:
- The boat was very sturdy and well equipped with fishing gear.
- The skipper was portuguese, but spoke english very well. He was a pretty nice guy who seemed to know what he was doing.
- We got to see some blue sharks in the surface and lots of albatrosses around the boat made for some entertainment.
As we arrived in port we were told that a full day (8hours in stead of 5) was necessary to have any real chance for big game.
Perhaps could be pointed out in the listing or mentioned before departure? Especially if the charge is €600.
/Jesper & Ola
Fished July 2016Jesper Mott • Fished July 6, 2016Replied to this review on July 12, 2016
sorry that me Engine dont start, thats bad contakt, very bad for you, me Gerhard Drescher fishing the last 8 Days without one Problem, on Sunday my Skipper Coao Catch 2,40m more then 200kg Bluefin Tuna, 5sm out from the Marina AlbufeiraJesper Mott does not recommend BlueRampage Charter Fishing Algarve
Replied to this review on July 12, 2016
sorry that me Engine dont start, thats bad contakt, very bad for you, me Gerhard Drescher fishing the last 8 Days without one Problem, on Sunday my Skipper Coao Catch 2,40m more then 200kg Bluefin Tuna, 5sm out from the Marina Albufeira