Have you ticked off fishing in the Bahamas yet? If not, you need to book a trip with West End Ecology Tours for the trip of a lifetime. Spend the day with Captain Keith Cooper, who grew up fishing these waters and is ready to show you a great day out,
Hop on board his beautifully maintained 20’ Mako, which can comfortably fit you and 4 fishing friends. You’ll have to take it in turns to fish, as there is enough space for 2 to fish at once without crossing lines.
There is a 150 HP Mercury engine and full navigational equipment, including fishfinder. This all combines to make sure you get to the fishing grounds fast and stay on top of the fish all day long.
Spearfishing is available for those that are able to dive in deep waters comfortably. All of the fishing equipment is included, and you’ll have the rare opportunity to target Lionfish.
If spearfishing isn’t your thing, don’t worry, you can try the traditional Bahamians way of catching fishing, using a handline. This is a cool cultural experience that you’d be hard pressed to find anywhere else.
For anglers brand new to fishing, trolling is the easiest technique to pick up. Families especially will enjoy this relaxed method of fishing. Children of any age are welcome on board – if the parents think they are ready to fish, then Capt. Keith is ready to teach.
Every trip can be made into a snorkeling combo trip, you just need to let the captain know before the trip so he can prepare the equipment.
You’ll meet the captain on the quaint western side of the island, away from the crowds, but still with plenty of restaurants and child-friendly places. For an additional cost, pick-up can be arranged.
Included in the price are all the fishing equipment you’ll need, including top quality rods and reels from Penn, Shimano, and Tsunami. Refreshments are also provided, including water, juice, and fresh fruit.
There is no better time to book and have an unforgettable trip with Capt. Keith and West End Ecology Tours.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Mako (Center console) originally built in 2003. Powered by a 150HP Mercury engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 18 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
West End Fishing Calendar
FAQs about West End Ecology Tours
- $699 per group - Half Day – Bottom Fishing (PM) (4 hours)
- $699 per group - Half Day – Bottom Fishing (AM) (4 hours)
- $699 per group - Half Day – Trolling (PM) (4 hours)
- $699 per group - Half Day – Trolling (AM) (4 hours)
- $799 per group - Half Day –Lobster/Spearfishing (PM) (4 hours)
- $799 per group - Half Day– Lobster/Spearfishing (AM) (4 hours)
- $899 per group - Full Day – Bottom Fishing (8 hours)
- $899 per group - Full Day – Lobster/Spearfishing (8 hours)
- $1,098 per day per group - Multiday Eco-Fishing (2 Half Days) (2 days)
- Snorkeling Equipment (Limited availability of gear)
- Spearfishing Equipment (Only experience Spearos can use gear)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn, Shimano, and Tsunami.)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Tips appreciated for this extra service)
- Snacks ( Fruit, Granola and Chips)
- Drinks (Water and Soda)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle (2 can fish at once)
- Bottom Fishing (2 can fish at once)
- Spinning (2 can fish at once)
- Jigging (2 can fish at once)
- Handline (Cuban Yo-Yo's are used)
- Spearfishing (For experienced spearos only)
- Deep Sea Fishing (2 can fish at once)
- Barracuda (Great)
- Grouper (Black)
- Jack (Almaco)
- Jack (Horse-eye)
- Snapper (Cubera)
- Snapper (Mutton)
- Snapper (Yellowtail)
- Spanish Mackerel