Malta Fishing Charters offers a rich variety of fishing trips around the azure waters that surround the island. Join Captain David Micallef as you explore some of the most prolific waters in the area. He’s been fishing since he was a kid, so you can be sure you’re in great hands. Anglers of all expertise can hop aboard and enjoy fishing these waters.
The vessel for the day is a 26’ Century 2600 walkaround boat. Powered by two 225 HP Yamaha engines, it can reach some serious speed, so it’ll take you where you need to be in the blink of an eye. The boat accommodates up to 7 anglers, and it’s equipped with Garmin and Raymarine GPS and fishfinder. There’s a bed, toilet, kitchen, icebox, outriggers, and multimedia system.
Malta offers superb fishing opportunities. Depending on the season, you can catch a whole range of fish. Troll for big game, and catch the likes of Bluefin Tuna, Albacore Tuna, Little Tunny, and Spearfish.
Light trolling can yield Barracuda, Bullet Tuna Dolphin Fish, Blue Fish, Saddled Sea Bream, Bonito, Mackerel, and Blue Runner. If you want to combine live bait trolling and jigs, aim for Pink Dentex, Dentex, Greater AmberJack, Grouper, Red Scorpionfish, and Pandora.
You can also choose to go bottom fishing at great depths, some 250 to 250 metres. Using electric reels, you’ll target Deep Sea Bream, Hake, Scabbard, Rock Fish, or Stone Bass Grouper. If you’d rather stay closer to the coast and bottom fish, prepare to catch Spotted Weever, Comber, Cleaver Wrasse, and White Bream.
The crew will provide the top-shelf equipment, bait, food, soft drinks, beers. The captain can prepare a BBQ on the boat with the fish you catch or meat if you are not a fish lover. Kids of all ages are welcome. You’ll also find spearfishing and snorkeling equipment onboard.
Visit the prolific waters off the coast of Malta with Malta Fishing Charters and have a fishing experience you won’t forget!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Century 2600 (Walkaround) originally built in 2012. Powered by 2 225HP Yamaha V6 2013 engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 55 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 1 day before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
FAQs about Malta Fishing Charters / Boat Trips
- €670 per group - 7 Hour Trip – Fishing (AM) (7 hours)
- €670 per group - 7 Hour Trip – Fishing (PM) (7 hours)
- €699 per group - Gotta Love The Beaches! (7 hours)
- €880 per group - Gotta Love Them Beaches...BIG TIME! (10 hours)
- €940 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Fishing (12 hours)
- Toilet (Fully enclosed for total privacy)
- GPS (Lowrance Carbon 16inch)
- Fishfinder (Lowrance Carbon 16inch)
- Bed (Two to three people can sleep)
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Live Bait Well
- Kitchen (stove, fridge and sink)
- Multimedia System
- Spearfishing Equipment
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing (Inside Malta's lovely ports, Valletta Port)
- Nearshore Fishing (Up to three miles)
- Offshore Fishing (15 to 30 miles plus)
- Reef Fishing (Natural reefs)
- Light Tackle (Fishing with 1 to 4 LB line)
- Heavy Tackle (30 to 100 lbs)
- Bottom Fishing (60 to 90 meters / 230 to 500 meters)
- Trolling (Shimano, Okuma, Avet trolling reels and rods)
- Jigging (Zetz, Shimano, Yo-Zuri, Shout)
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Little Tunny (False Albacore)
- Spearfish (Longbill)
- Tuna (Albacore)
- Tuna (Bluefin)