Deep Sea Charters runs reef and offshore fishing trips of the coast of Sydney. If you want colorful fish, experienced crew, and reliable boats, this is the vessel to board.
Heading out from the Sydney Fish Market, you will go between 5 to 7 nautical miles offshore, or fish around the nearby reefs. These fisheries are productive, and you can catch the likes of Snapper, Blue Groper, Sea Bream, Flathead, Snapper, Leatherjacket, and Coral Trout.
Capt. Colin has vast experience in both fishing and charter industry, and will make sure you also learn something new about the craft of fishing itself. He has two boats, so if you can’t find a spot here, just scroll down, and see what’s available on his other vessel.
To cater to your needs, there are multiple pick-up and drop off points. You can start your trip from Casino Wharf, King Street Wharf, Thames Street Wharf, Milsons Point Wharf, or Rose Bay Wharf. You can choose private or shared packages, depending on what works best with your schedule.
The crew will welcome you aboard Kingfisher. Kingfisher is a 43’ custom made commercial, and can take up to 15 people for maximum comfort and safety. The boat is powered by a 127 HP GetSet Diesel engine. She is fitted with a fishfinder, GPS, stores life jackets, and has an ice box, and toilet.
Once onboard, the crew will supply you with the rods, reel, tackle, and bait. They use quality Shimano gear, and will take you bottom fishing around reefs near Sydney. You can also go trolling. The trip rates include the fishing license.
So what do you need? If prone to seasickness, take medication before the trip. Pack your camera, and put on warm clothing, wind and waterproof jacket, sunscreen and hat, sturdy shoes, sandwiches or rolls, a portable cooler, cooler bag or plastic bag to carry the fish home. You’re then good to go!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Custom (Commercial) originally built in 1964, and restored in 2017. Powered by a 127HP GenSet Diesel engine.
Types of Fishing
Sydney Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Deep Sea Charters - Kingfisher
- AU $200 per person - Summer Shared Trip (AM) - Weeekday (6 hours)
- AU $200 per person - Summer Shared Trip (PM) - Weekday (6 hours)
- AU $250 per person - Summer Shared Trip (AM) - Weekend (6 hours)
- AU $250 per person - Summer Shared Trip (PM) - Weekend (6 hours)
- AU $1,500 per group - Summer Private Trip (AM) - Weekday (6 hours)
- AU $1,500 per group - Summer Private Trip (PM) - Weekday (6 hours)
- AU $2,000 per group - Summer Private Trip (AM) - Weekend (6 hours)
- AU $2,000 per group - Summer Private Trip (PM) - Weekend (6 hours)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Only catch cleaning)
- Fishing License
- Offshore Fishing (5 to 7 nautical miles)
- Reef Fishing (Off Sydney on local reefs)
- Light Tackle (Shimano up to 50 Kg)
- Bottom Fishing (Sydney local reefs)
- Trolling (Shimano)
- Drift Fishing
- Bream (Black)
- Coral Trout
- Snapper (Pink)
- Wrasse (Bluethroat)