Mad Marlin Sport Fishing Lodge offers a variety of big game fishing trips for anyone looking to test their mettle in Guatemala, one of the best sport fishing destinations in the world. Captain Rick Nelson has more than twenty years of experience under his belt, and he is more than happy to work with both professionals and new anglers looking to learn about this kind of fishing.
You will be fishing aboard the Mad Marlin, which is a 31’ Bertram convertible that’s powered by a pair of 250 HP Cummins engines. In addition to all the necessary safety gear, it is equipped with state of the art electronics that include a 72-mile halo radar, air conditioning, and a fully outfitted kitchen. There’s plenty of space on the boat for up to 6 anglers to comfortably fish.
Depending on where you want to fish, you’ll have different options available to you. Offshore fishing trips are where you’ll find species like Sailfish, Blue, Black, and White Marlin, Mahi Mahi, or Yellowfish Tuna. Inshore trips, on the other hand, are home to fish like Roosterfish, Red Snapper, Cero Mackerel and more. Captain Rick also offers a free billfishing school, so don’t be afraid to go on a trip if you’re a novice.
The price of any trip includes rods, reels, and terminal tackle, as well as having your catch cleaned at the end of the trip. Food, drinks, and beer are also included at no extra cost. Make sure to pack a pair of polarized sunglasses, as well as a camera so you can show off your catch once you’re back home.
Payments for you trip are non-refundable but in case of emergency or other complication in your schedule. We will do our best to arrange another date for you at your convenience on another available date.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Bertram (Convertible) originally built in 1972, and restored in 2017. Powered by 2 250HP Cummins engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 4% fee.
FAQs about Mad Marlin Sport Fishing Lodge
- $1,500 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Cruise ship promotion (8 hours)
- $1,600 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip - Dock-To-Dock (9 hours)
- $2,000 per day per group, additional $500 per person after 4 guests - All-Inclusive — 1 Day 2 Nights (1 day)
- $2,000 per day per group, additional $700 per person after 4 guests - All-inclusive — 6 Days 7 Nights (6 days)
- $2,800 per day per group, additional $500 per person after 4 guests - All-Inclusive — 2 Days 3 Nights (2 days)
- $2,800 per day per group, additional $500 per person after 4 guests - All-Inclusive — 3 Days 4 nights (3 days)
- $2,800 per day per group, additional $500 per person after 4 guests - All-inclusive — 4 Days 5 Nights (4 days)
- $2,800 per day per group, additional $500 per person after 4 guests - All-Inclusive — 5 Days 6 Nights (5 days)
- Air Conditioning
- Fighting Chair
- GPS (Simrad)
- Fishfinder (19 inch flat Screen Simrad)
- Live Bait Well
- Kitchen (Microwave, Convection Oven, Grill)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Avet, Shimano, Penn)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate
- Fishing License (Zarpe)
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- Inshore Fishing (Iztapa, Port of San Jose, Monterrico)
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing (For Rooster Fish)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Cero Mackerel
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Black)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Snapper (Red)
- Tuna (Blackfin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)