Captain AJ Brown has been fishing all his life. A dedicated outdoorsman, he has decades of experience guiding people around the beautiful islands of Cedar Key, Florida. Come join him and catch some fish in the unspoiled backcountry of the Nature Coast!
AJ Brown Charters will see you fishing from a sturdy 22’ Morgan boat that has seating for 4 people. Restored in 2010, she’s fitted with all the essentials for inshore and backcountry fishing. This vessel provides a comfortable ride and has plenty of room to walk around. She even features a foldable shade canopy for those hot summer days!
Capt. AJ offers up a variety of angling adventures, suitable for guests of all skill levels. Choose between a half day or full day trip, where you’ll target a whole variety of species on light tackle. Depending on the season and the conditions on the day of your trip, you could be catching Redfish, Black Drum, Speckled Trout, Tripletail, Sheepshead, and Mangrove Snapper.
All the gear you’ll need for a productive day will be provided by Capt. AJ, but you’re welcome to bring your own fishing equipment if you prefer. After your trip, Captain AJ is happy to expertly clean and fillet any keeper fish you decide to take home. There’s nothing like some delicious fresh fish to finish off a wonderful day on the water!
Each trip includes a valid fishing license, so all you need to do is hop aboard AJ Brown Charters and cast off on an unforgettable adventure!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about AJ Brown Charters
- $300 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip (6 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (Shrimp)
- Lures (Plastics)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (tips are appreciated)
- Fishing License
- River Fishing (Fishing the nearby fivers!)
- Inshore Fishing (Fishing the creeks and backcountry1)
- Nearshore Fishing (not far offshore!)
- Reef Fishing (fishing the reefs near shore!)
- Wreck Fishing (wrecks of sunken boats!)
- Flats Fishing (Fishing the flats around the nearby Islands)
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle (15 lb. test line!)
- Heavy Tackle (30lb test line!)
- Bottom Fishing (Fishing on the bottom with live and cut bait!)
- Spinning (I furnish open & closed face spinning reels!)
- Jigging (Use hard soft jigs!)
- Popping (A manner of fishing with floats!)
- Fly Fishing (You must bring your own Flyrods and Reels!)
- Drift Fishing (It's a way of fishing on the flats!)
- Black Drum
- Spotted Seatrout
Meet the Captain
About this listing
Morgan (Center console) originally built in 1980, and restored in 2010. Powered by a 150HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 35 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: