Tidal Obsession is a charter that just loves fishing Virginia’s tidal rivers and focuses heavily on catching trophy Catfish, which is what they will take you out to do. They love taking anglers out on the river and showing them a good time by first teaching them the necessary techniques, then taking them to the best spots and finally helping you reel in a massive catch. Please note, all Catfish over 10 pounds in weight will be released in order to preserve the fishery.
On every two paying adults, they will take two children up to the age of 15 for free.
You will fish aboard their 20 foot Lund dual console boat, which was originally built in 2003 and restored in 2016. It is powered by a 200 HP Honda engine with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots, and has a capacity for 4 guests. The boat is equipped with Garmin GPS and fishfinder, and also has a VHF radio. There is also all the necessary safety equipment such as life jackets, flares and a CPR-trained crew.
The boat also has a wireless trolling motor, an icebox for your catch and an anchoring system which is useful when you locate the perfect fishing spot and want to remain there in order to catch the fish. There is also a livewell for your live baits.
Tidal Obsession fishes in the James, Mattaponi, York, Pamunkey and Potomac rivers in Virginia. Each river has its own charm and attractiveness, and offer some of the best specimens of Blue Catfish. These Catfish are not just the lazy bottom feeders that people think they are. They will slam the bait like a bull seeing red, fight hard, and taste yummy. The crew will provide you with the necessary equipment in form of rods, reels, tackle, live and artificial baits. No fishing license is necessary as you will be covered on the boat. You are welcome to bring a cooler for fish you plan to take home.
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Lund (Dual console) originally built in 2003, and restored in 2016. Powered by a 200HP Honda engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
FAQs about Tidal Obsession Charters LLC
- $300 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip - Kids Go For Free (4 hours)
- $300 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Night Trip - Kids Go For Free (4 hours)
- $400 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip - Kids Go For Free (8 hours)
- $400 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Full Night Trip - Kids Go For Free (8 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Marathon Night - Kids Go For Free (12 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Marathon Trip - Kids Go For Free (12 hours)
- GPS (Garmin)
- Fishfinder (Garmin Side Vu/ Down Vu)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- River Fishing (James, York, Mattaponi, Pamunkey, Potomac)
- Light Tackle (American & Hickory Shad Fishing)
- Bottom Fishing (Primary Tactic For Catfish)