If you’re looking for a Texas fishing adventure that’ll allow you to get really up close and personal with these waters, hop aboard 4 Reelz Guide Service! Captain James Helms, the man behind this charter, specializes in wade fishing, and he can’t wait to introduce you to the clear shallow waters of the Texas Gulf Coast.
Capt. James is a 3rd-generation fisherman who grew up exploring these waters, so it’s safe to say he knows a thing or two about getting the fish to bite here. He runs a selection of trips that are suitable for guests of all ages and skill levels, so you’ll be sure to find exactly what you’re looking for.
You’ll be starting your adventure aboard your captain’s 21’ Haynie flats boat, capable of accommodating up to 4 guests. She’s the perfect vessel for navigating these seriously skinny waters, where plenty of prized fish lurk! She comes equipped with GPS, fishfinder, and all the safety gear you’ll need for a comfortable and stable day on the water.
Capt. James knows all the best wading spots in the area for whichever species you’d like to focus your attention on. Flounder, Redfish, Black Drum, and Speckled Trout are all on offer. In addition, he runs “cast and blast” trips, where you can hunt in the morning and fish in the afternoon to bring home a true feast at the end of your visit. Capt. James also offers multi-day trips for anglers who want to spend plenty of time on the water.
Your trip includes a cleaning and filleting service for anything you want to take home, and you’ll be provided with all the fishing gear you need. Although accommodation is not provided for multi-day trips, Captain James can recommend some great lodging options when you book. All you need to do is grab a fishing license and cast off with 4 Reelz Guide Service!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Haynie (Flats boat) originally built in 2000. Powered by a 150HP Johnson engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 35 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Port O'Connor Fishing Calendar
FAQs about 4 Reelz Guide Service
- $200 per person - Half Day Trip – Wade Fishing (5 hours)
- $550 per day per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Multi–Day Fishing Adventure (2 days)
- $650 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Full Day Cast and Blast Trip (12 hours)
- GPS (Simrad)
- Fishfinder (Simrad)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Wading gear is included)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Bring a cooler for the car ride home)
- Snacks (Inquire about at time of booking)
- Drinks (Water, sodas)
- Fly Fishing Equipment (On a limited basis. Inquire about after booking)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing (Wading the flats is a preferred method)
- Backcountry Fishing (Sneaking up to sight cast Redfish)
- Light Tackle (Mostly 20 and 30 lb main line)
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Black Drum
- Speckled Trout