Salty Jig Charters invites new anglers, fishing fanatics, families, and friends to come aboard! Join Captain Sloan Smith on a quest for some of the hefty fish that inhabit the waters of Hogtown Bayou. This part of Florida boasts some lush waters, which are teeming with world-famous species all year round. The bayou is no exception, and you’ll find a variety of fish to satiate any palate!
Salty Jig Charters is run by Capt. Sloan, who’s been out on the water since his childhood days. Now, he loves stepping behind the wheel of his 20’ Cape Horn center console to take guests of different skill levels on a fun day out. He can accommodate groups of up to 4 people, be it families with youngsters or friends who want to try out fishing for the first time.
His boat is equipped with top-of-the-line gadgets that make for a smooth journey. There’s a whole host of top-quality navigational gear to help track down the fish, and a flybridge to better scout the area. The vessel is also decked out with a VHF radio, an icebox and a live bait tank filled with shrimp, pinfish, and menhaden.
These waters are famous for being home to some Floridian favorites: Redfish, Trout, Tarpon, Cobia, Jacks, and Snapper are just some of the fish that you’ll find biting here. This fishery is year-round and your captain reflects this in the trips he offers, but some species are seasonal. Still, Captain Sloan will put his best efforts into finding you fish to catch!
You’ll be supplied with rods, reels, tackle, lures, and live bait. It’s up to you to choose the technique you want to try, and you can jig, pop, spin, and troll as much as you like. Light tackle is also an option, especially if you want to test your grip against some of the huge fish that swim nearby.
Your fishing license is already taken care of, so grab some snacks and drinks, and don’t forget to bring a camera. You’ll want to capture the excitement when the drag starts screaming aboard Salty Jig Charters!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Cape Horn (Center console) originally built in 1994, and restored in 2020. Powered by a 200HP yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 35 knots.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Freeport Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Salty Jig Charters
- $375 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 2 Hour Kids Trip (2 hours)
- $475 per group, additional $75 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $475 per group, additional $75 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $575 per group, additional $75 per person after 3 guests - 5 Hour Trip (5 hours)
- $675 per group, additional $75 per person after 3 guests - 6 Hour Trip (6 hours)
- $875 per group, additional $75 per person after 3 guests - 7 Hour Trip (7 hours)
- $975 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - 8 Hour Trip (8 hours)
- Flybridge (upper controls)
- Live Bait Well (Shrimp, pinfish, menhaden)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- River Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing (Choctawhatchee Bay)
- Light Tackle
- Drift Fishing
- Jack Crevalle
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Speckled Trout