Fish & Cruise Wanaka provides a classic Kiwi adventure everyone should experience in their lives. You will not only fish and enjoy the scenery of this picturesque lake, but you’ll also enjoy a freshly cooked meal onboard. For at the end of the trip, the captain will clean and cook your catch on the boat, so you can have a truly authentic experience.
The charter is run by a captain who has over 15 years of professional experience and a passion that goes back to being a child. On his 5th birthday, he received his first rod as a present, and he still has it. These charters are a reflection of his love for fishing and the surrounding area of Lake Wanaka.
Fishing will be done aboard a Reflex commercial boat with the capacity for 5 guests. It is powered by a 150 HP Evinrude engine, which makes it pretty fast and reliable on the water. It is equipped with all the safety and electronics required to make your trip a safe and successful one. You can use the fishfinder to locate the best spots where the fish swim in schools, and by following the captain’s recommendations, you will be able to boat lots of them.
Lake Wanaka has a healthy population of Quinnat Salmon, Brown Trout and Rainbow Trout. You will be catching these species using the fishing gear provided by the captain, including rods, reels, tackle, and bait. Whether you are a novice angler or a pro, you will have a good time aboard by soaking up the scenery, breathing in the fresh air and catching delicious fish.
Get ready for your New Zealand adventure, join Fish & Cruise Wanaka and have the time of your life!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Reflex (Commercial) originally built in 2008. Powered by a 150HP Evinrude engine.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 1 day days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
FAQs about Fish & Cruise Wanaka
- NZ $175 per person - 2 Hour Trip – 3-5 People (2 hours)
- NZ $195 per person - 3 Hour Trip – 3-5 People (3 hours)
- NZ $225 per person - 2 Hour Trip – 2 People (2 hours)
- NZ $250 per person - 3 Hour Trip – 2 People (3 hours)
- NZ $275 per person - 2 Hour Exclusive Special (2 MAX) (2 hours)
- NZ $325 per person - 3 Hour Exclusive Special (2 MAX) (3 hours)
- NZ $875 per group - 2 Hour Trip – Private (2 hours)
- NZ $975 per group - 3 Hour Trip – Private (3 hours)
- NZ $2,000 per group - Christmas Day Special (3 hours)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Lake Fishing (Wanaka New Zealand)
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing (For experienced anglers)
- Brown Trout
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)
- Salmon (Chinook)