Capt Dave Spargurs Charters is a fishing guide service, located in Englewood, Florida. Join the Captain on a day out on the pristine waters of the Englewood and Gasparilla area. Enjoy a day in the sun as you go after the catch of your dreams!
You will be fishing aboard an Aquasport Flatback 222 boat, powered by a 175 HP Mercury engine. The vessels is equipped with navigational electronics, including a fish finder and a GPS, as well as with a Yeti 125 cooler and an anchoring system. Moreover, there is also a live bait tank on board. The boat can cater to up to four anglers.
Captain Dave offers a variety of fishing trips to choose from. For those anglers who are passionate about Tarpon, there is a special four-hour package. The Tarpon season starts in May and ends in August. Depending on your needs and personal preferences, you can choose the duration of your trip. Four, six, and eight-hour packages are available.
On these trips, you will be heading inshore or to the Stump Passback bay waters. Among your targeted species will be Snook, Tarpon, Jack Crevalle, Goliath Grouper, Bluefish, Redfish, Flounder, and Trout. Captain Dave will see to your every need and will ensure your fishing adventure is an enjoyable and eventful one.
Your trip will include all the necessary fishing equipment, including rods, reels, tackle, lures, and live bait. Moreover, the Captain will provide his guests with Snook permit and fishing licenses. Your catch will be cleaned and filleted for you to take home at the end of your trip. Dave will offer bottled water, so you may need to bring your own food and snacks.
With Capt Dave Spargurs Charters each fishing trip is not only unique but is also a very enjoyable one. If you are ready to catch some fish, welcome aboard!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Aquasport Flatback 222 (Center console) originally built in 1968, and restored in 2017. Powered by a 175HP 2019 Suzuki 4 stroke engine.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Englewood Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Capt Dave Spargurs Charters
- $450 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip – Inshore (4 hours)
- $550 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Nearshore (4 hours)
- $825 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip – Inshore (3 Max) (7 hours)
- $900 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Tarpon (3 PAX) (6 hours)
- $900 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Tarpon (3 PAX) (6 hours)
- GPS (Hummingbird helix 7 gps/di/si)
- Fishfinder (Down imaging and side scan sonar)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor (Minn Kota.)
- Ice Box (Yeti cooler and built in ice box.)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Bottles water)
- Fishing License (Snook permit included)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle (For Tarpon Penn reels/Star rods)
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Grouper (Gag)
- Grouper (Red)
- Jack Crevalle
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Spotted Seatrout