Tuna Tail Charters is located in Gloucester and will provide you with a successful trip. Capt. John has been fishing commercially and professionally from Mexico to New England in and offshore for over 45 yrs. He just likes you to catch fish and have a great time. His experience in the local waters gives him the ability to know where they are.
Capt. John aims to tailor every trip so you have the best fishing adventure. Depending on what we are fishing for- bottom fishing, trolling, drift fishing, jigging, kite fishing, and popping are only a few of the techniques we use. The Capt.‘s goal is for you to have a incredibly successful trip.
Awarded TUNA TAIL CHARTERS BEST of GLOUCESTER 2022
Your adventure begins aboard F/V Lobster Tales our 35’ custom Duffy. Built in Maine for New England waters. She is very large so there is no crowding, plenty of deck space. The boat is fully equipped with 2 navigation & fish finding systems, multiply vhf radios, raft, full toilet, bunks, dinette. iced coolers, ac and more. Beautifully finish interior but it is a fish catching boat.
All rods, reels, and terminal tackle are included in the price so you can focus on what really matters, fishing. Your trip will include all the necessary fishing licenses for the day at no additional cost.
You’ll be able to keep any legal species caught during the trip. There will be a first mate on board to help you with anything you need. Tips for good service are always appreciated.
Up for a family trip? This is a children-friendly and veteran owed, so bring your loved ones to share these memories .
Now offering sunset cruises. Very much a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy a warm summer night. (byob)
Book your trip now and hit the water with Tuna Tail Charters.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
|12 Fishing Reports|
|ID & License verified|
|13 Customer reviews|
|Response time 1 hour|
|Member since January 2017|
About this listing
Custom Duffy (Downeast) originally built in 2007. Powered by a 420HP caterpiller engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 25 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 25% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Gloucester Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Tuna Tail Charters
- $479 per group - Sunset cruise 3+ hrs (3 hours)
- $749 per group - 5 Hour – Bass & Bluefish Adventure (5 hours)
- $749 per group - haddock and cod expedition 5 hr (5 hours)
- $1,099 per group - bass & Bluefish Challenge 8hrs (8 hours)
- $1,479 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Cod and Haddock (9 hours)
- $1,479 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Giant Bluefin Tuna (9 hours)
- $1,479 per group - 9 Hour Trip–Haddock/Tuna Adventure (9 hours)
- $1,779 per group - All Day 12 Hour Marathon Trip (12 hours)
- Air Conditioning
- GPS 1 Raymarine E120 & Garmin 1242evs 12" screen
- Fishfinder Raymarine e120 & Garmin chirp 1242evs
- Bed 2 V births forward
- Live Bait Well Insulated 40 gallon tank
- Kitchen We have a built-in microwave
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box Large capacity coolers carrying 200+ lb of ice
- Radar 48 mile raymarine 12" screen
- Rods, reels & tackle (Top quality custom gear)
- Live Bait (guest help catching the bait all kinds of fun)
- Lures (full selection on board)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Arrangements can be made)
- First Mate (Customary tip 15-20%)
- Fishing License (required - trip license provided-no added cost)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (Stellwagon bank, Jefferies Ledge, Tillies)
- Wreck Fishing (Fishing for Haddock, Tuna, Sharks)
- Light Tackle (Quality tackle balanced for success)
- Heavy Tackle (All custom rods – Penn and Shimano reels)
- Bottom Fishing (Our favorite fish, delicious Haddock)
- Trolling (Custom-designed rods, squid bars, lures, live bait)
- Spinning (Casting to Striped Bass and Bluefish)
- Jigging (fishing for haddock, cod,bass and blues)
- Popping (Great for Bass, Bluefish, and Tuna)
- Fly Fishing (Special arrangement are welcome)
- Drift Fishing (For catching Tuna, Bass, and bottom fish)
- Kite Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing ( fishing wrecks and structure)
- Bass (Striped)
- Cod (Blue)
- Mackerel (Atlantic)
- Shark (Blue)
- Shark (Mako)
- Shark (Porbeagle)
- Shark (Thresher)
- Tuna (Bluefin)