Carolina Girl Sportfishing OBX is operated by 32 year US Coast Guard certified Captain Troy Salmon. He runs a staggering range of trips out of Wanchese, NC, from Full day Big Game Trips targeting anything from Blue Marlin to Bluefin Tuna to 8 Hour Trips for Deep Dwelling fish like Sword fish and Tile and Sea Bass and Even 8 Hour Near Shore Trips for Mackrel and other inshore fish .
Located in the Roanoke Sound, you will be heading into prime fishing waters as soon as you leave the dock, and things just get better and better the further you head out – all the way out to the Gulf Stream!
The “Carolina Girl” is a 54’ Custom Carolina-built Alex Willis boat. Built in 2005 and Just redone from the hull up in 2021 she is a brand new fish killing machine .it is powered by a Cat C30 engine with a whopping 1550 HP that will take you and your group to the fishing ground with speed and comfort. It comes equipped with state of the art GPS, fishfinder, a fighting chair, outriggers, and downriggers and all the comforts of home .
The vessel also boasts a fully heated and air-conditioned interior complete with galley, cabin, bathroom, and plenty of space to relax in between bites.
Capt. Troy offers a variety of trips, starting with family-friendly inshore and nearshore days targeting Spanish Mackerel, King Mackerel, Bluefish, and others. Trips range all the way up to offshore marathons heading out to the Gulf Stream to test your strength and resolve again huge Blue and White Marlin, as well as Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Sailfish, and more.
With such a range of trips, you will naturally be offered the best tackle money can buy, tailored to the trip you have chosen. Bottom fishing, trolling, spinning, popping, jigging, kite fishing and more – whatever your style, you are sure to find a trip just right for you!
Join Carolina Girl Sportfishing OBX and explore the waters off the coast of North Carolina for a memorable experience!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Custom Carolina Alex Willis (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 2005. Powered by a 1550HP Cat engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Wanchese Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Carolina Girl Sportfishing OBX
- $1,850 per group - 8 Hour Trip (6 AM) – Tower/Inshore (8 hours)
- $1,850 per group - 8 Hour Trip (8 AM) – Tower/Inshore (8 hours)
- $2,050 per group - 8 Hour (8 AM) – Deep Drop (8 hours)
- $2,050 per group - 8 Hour Trip (6 AM) – Deep Drop (8 hours)
- $2,350 per group - 10 Hour Trip – Giant Shark (10 hours)
- $2,400 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Giant Bluefin Tuna (12 hours)
- $2,400 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Offshore Big Game (12 hours)
- $2,400 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Swordfish (12 hours)
- Air Conditioning
- Fighting Chair
- Flybridge (Captain only allowed on bridge due to insurance re)
- Refrigerator (For Crew only)
- Multimedia System (Stereo)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Provided by fish cleaning station for a small fee)
- First Mate (Mate works for tips. 20% gratuity is expected.)
- Fishing License (State and Federal)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing (within 8 miles of the shore)
- Offshore Fishing
- Wreck Fishing (Offshore )
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Kite Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (White)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)