Fin Tastic Coastal Charters invites you on a fishing adventure in the shallow waters of Matagorda, Texas. The charter is operated by Captain Stan Sloan who has been fishing for over 30 years and guiding professionally since 2006.
Capt. Sloan has participated in and won countless fishing tournaments including the Halls Bayou Classic where he had won 1st place in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007, and 2014. His other notable achievements include the 2014 Guides Cup 1st Place Heavy Trout and 2016 JH Boat Owners Tournament 1st Place Heavy Flounder.
You will fish aboard a 24’ Tran Sport Cat Boats center console. The boat is powered by a 300 HP Suzuki engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots. It is fast and steady on the water and will get you to the productive areas with ease. There’s a wireless trolling motor on board so you can approach those easily spooked specimens.
You’ll head out in search of Redfish, Trout, Flounder, and Black Drum when they are in season. Capt. Sloan knows exactly where to go and how to catch them, and he’d love to teach you all about it! You will fish the East and West Matagorda Bays in Texas, known for their beauty and rich wildlife.
The crew will provide you with the necessary fishing gear, lures, and cleaning and filleting of the catch. You can purchase live bait at an extra cost, and you can even request lunch, snacks, or drinks to be available at an extra cost, too.
Head out on these beautiful Texan waters, and get ready for a great fishing adventure with Fin Tastic Coastal Charters!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Fin Tastic Coastal Charters Inc.
- $550 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (5 hours)
- $550 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (5 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- GPS Lowrance
- Fishfinder Lowrance
- Live Bait Well Mainly for live shrimp
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle ( Rods Not Furnished For Wade Fishing)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Inshore Fishing (Matagorda Bay, Middle Texas Coast)
- Reef Fishing
- Flats Fishing (Wade, drift, or anchor on flats)
- Backcountry Fishing (Drift or anchor in back lakes for Redfish)
- Light Tackle
- Spinning (Gloomis Spinning rods, Shimano Stradic 3000 Reels)
- Popping (7'medium light rods extra fast tip)
- Drift Fishing (Drift reefs and scattered shell)
- Speckled Trout
About the Captain
|197 Fishing Reports|
|ID & License verified|
|67 Customer reviews|
|Response time within an hour|
|Member since March 2017|
About this listing
Tran Sport Cat 240 SVTBoats (Center console) originally built in 2019. Powered by a 300HP Suzuki engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 44 knots.
Types of fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: