Finquest Sportfising is an ideal choice for a Lake Michigan fishing charter. The captain has over 40 years of experience on the lake, having lived and fished Kenosha his whole life.
Finquest Charters uses all top-of-the-line equipment and all of the upcoming innovations and advances in the Great Lakes fishing. The captain will take you out aboard a spacious 35-foot Trojan motor yacht. With an open cockpit layout and removable screens, the vessel is weatherproof. It meets and even exceeds all U.S.C.G. safety and equipment requirements. Inside, there is a coach, a v-berth, and a dinette, as well as a clean bathroom with an electric flush toilet. The boat comes powered by twin 350 HP Mercruiser C.I. V-8 engines to push through Lake Michigan. Perfect for accommodating up to six anglers, it is fully rigged with state-of-the-art navigational electronics and sport fishing equipment.
The open water fishing season starts mid-April, when the Brown Trout and Coho Salmon fishing begins. Mid-May brings the “hottest bite on the lake” - Coho that range from 3 to 6 lbs. In mid-June the weather gets more stable and the fish are getting bigger. The captain heads offshore to the deeper waters to get a “Grand Slam” in his cooler.
July through August is the trophy time with the fish at their peak size of the year. Depending on the water temperature and the weather, you can go fishing in very shallow water.
There is less traffic on the water in September and October but the fishing can be quite hot. It is the best time to chase 3-year-old Kings, Rainbows, and Lakers. Lake Trout spawn in November and can put on the feed bag before that.
All trips come inclusive with exclusive Shimano Talora rods, Tekota reels, tackle, and lures. The captain will send your catch home cleaned and bagged, ready to go right into the frying pan! Want to increase the amount of catch in your cooler? The captain recommends 6 or 8 hr trips.
Please note that two-day fishing licenses are $14 each.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Trojan (Motor yacht) originally built in 1986. Powered by 2 350HP Crusader 350 engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 23 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 30 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
Kenosha Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Finquest Sportfishing
- $540 per group, additional $20 per person after 4 guests - 5 Hr. Weekdays - 1-4 Guests (5 hours)
- $540 per group, additional $20 per person after 4 guests - 5 Hour Trip – Weekday (PM) 1-4 PAX (5 hours)
- $580 per group - 5 Hr. Weekend - 1-6 Guests (5 hours)
- $620 per group, additional $20 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hr. Weekdays - 1-4 Guests (6 hours)
- $660 per group - 6 Hr. Weekend - 1-6 Guests (6 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $20 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hr. Weekdays - 1-4 Guests (8 hours)
- $840 per group - 8 Hr. Weekend - 1-6 Guests (8 hours)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Top-of-the line Shimano )
- Catch cleaning & filleting (And bagging for free)
- Lake Fishing (Michigan)
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Brown Trout
- Lake Trout
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)