David Rooney is one of the most professional and knowledgeable captains in Richmond, California. With over two decades of experience in sport fishing and commercial crabbing in the San Francisco and San Pablo Bays, David has mastered the local waters and understands the true rewards of patience.
If fishing in San Francisco Bay appeals to you, you would absolutely love it aboard a 27’ Aluminum fishing boat. It is a clean, seaworthy fishing machine that is well-prepared for the current bite. It comes powered by a single 175 HP Evinrude and performs great in the local waters. Perfect for accommodating up to six anglers, the boat is equipped with Lawrence navigational electronics and other professional features.
David Rooney begins his season in January when the weather can be a bit cold but Sturgeon fishing is hot. Come spring, and it’s time to head to the reefs and offshore for some Salmon trolling action. Or cruise to the deeper waters with a heavier tackle for Rockfish. If you are looking for chasing Halibut, Captain David can show you the most productive spots. If you don’t want to expand the list of potential catches, you can go for Striped Bass, Halibut, and Lingcod.
Whether it’s a private charter for you and your fishing buddies or a shared trip with anglers all around the country, each trip with Captain David is fun and action-packed. You will be provided with rods, reels, and tackle, as well as bait. When you return to the shore, your catch will be cleaned and filleted, ready to jump straight into the frying pan. You will need to purchase a license prior to the trip, grab something to eat and drink, and join the adventure.
Now, simply take a look at the packages offered below, book one that best fits your needs, and start counting down the days until your next adventure!
The lead balls used for Salmon fishing are charged 10$ per weight.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Tuff (Aluminum fishing) originally built in 2015. Powered by a 175HP Evinrude engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 17 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Richmond Fishing Calendar
FAQs about David Rooney
- $250 per person - 8 Hour Trip – Bay (8 hours)
- $250 per person - 8 Hour Trip – Offshore (8 hours)
- $250 per person - 8 Hour Trip – Sturgeon (8 hours)
- $250 per person - 9 Hour Trip – King Salmon (9 hours)
- $250 per person - 9 Hour Trip – Rockfish and Lingcod (9 hours)
- $250 per person - 9 Hour Trip – Striper and Halibut (9 hours)
- Toilet (Portable )
- Live Bait Well (Live bait trips for Halibut, Striped Bass, rockfish)
- Ice Box (Ice chest)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Lead sinkers not included)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Offshore Fishing (Salmon, Halibut, Rockfish, Lingcod)
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle (Striped Bass, Halibut in the bay)
- Heavy Tackle (King Salmon, Rockfish, Halibut)
- Bottom Fishing (Heavier tackle Rockfishing deep water)
- Trolling (Trolling for King Salmon)
- Bass (Striped)
- Salmon (Chinook)