Fishmeister Charters welcomes anglers young and old aboard for an amazing day on the water, targeting a wide range of food and table species, with the emphasis always being on making sure everyone has fun, whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned veteran.
The “Fishmeister” is a 26’ Senator aluminum fishing boat that can comfortably carry up to 6 guests. Newly built in 2016, the boat offers a safe and steady fishing platform and a cruising speed of 30 knots. It comes equipped with the latest Raymarine electronics and navigational equipment, a livewell, and a toilet for extra convenience on longer trips.
Where and what you will be fishing depends entirely on the trip you choose. Fishmeister Charters offers anything from half day stints to the Hen and Chickens Islands targeting delicious table fish such as Pink Snapper and John Dory, to full day adventures all the way out to Great Barrier Island, targeting a huge range of species including Hapuka, King Mackerel (Kingfish), Silver Trevally and more.
The captain can also provide you with high-quality fishing tackle to give you the very best chance of pulling in something special. You can rent a rod for NZ$20 per person, while bait, berley, and ice can be provided at NZ$25 per person per day.
Captain Mike knows the waters he guides like nobody else. Book a trip with him and he’ll work tirelessly to make sure you leave at the end of the day with huge smiles, great memories, and delicious fish!
You Keep Catch
About the Captain
About this listing
Senator (Aluminum fishing) originally built in 2016. Powered by a 250HP Honda engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
Mangawhai Heads Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Fishmeister Charters
- NZ $650 per group, additional NZ $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day—Hen & Chickens Island (AM) (5 hours)
- NZ $650 per group, additional NZ $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day—Hen & Chickens Island (PM) (5 hours)
- NZ $1,000 per group, additional NZ $50 per person after 4 guests - Full Day–Hen & Chickens Islands (8 hours)
- NZ $1,350 per group, additional NZ $50 per person after 4 guests - Full Day–Mokohinaus (8 hours)
- NZ $1,600 per group, additional NZ $100 per person after 4 guests - Full Day–Great Barrier Island (9 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Live Bait (when available)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- John Dory
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Snapper (Pink)
- Trevally (Silver)