Screaming Eagles offers an excellent charter for fishing on the Chesapeake Bay. The company is based in Neavitt, Maryland, which is 15 minutes from St. Michaels. The crew know the hottest spots where the fish are hiding in and around the Bay, the Choptank River, and Miles River. Whether you have never held a fishing rod in your life or you are a hard-core angler, a day out with Captain Herman is a lot of fun.
You will go out aboard a 32-foot Sport fishing boat, originally built in 1977 and fully up hauled in 2015. It comes powered by for a 380 HP Cummins Diesel engine for a fast and comfortable ride. Perfect for accommodating up to six anglers, the vessel gestures a 13-foot beam and a large cabin with the latest navigational electronics and big moving windows for a lot of fresh air. There is a live well loaded with bait, since you will be doing a lot of fishing. And for you maximum comfort on the water, the vessel is equipped with a toilet.
Fishing on the Chesapeake Bay can get your hands full of exciting species. You simply can’t miss the opportunity to target Rockfish (Striped Bass), the official Maryland State Fish. Those are tough fighters and make nice table fare.
The trophy Striped Bass season begins the third Saturday of April and goes through June, but you can also catch the fish in summer and fall. As bait becomes available, Captain Herman uses spinning reels with cut or live bait, which is caught fresh every day. In the fall, as bait is no longer available, the crew resort back to trolling or jigging. When the water temperature gets warm, Captain Herman trolls for Bluefish and Spanish Mackerel. Later in July through September, you can spin with live or cut bait. If you feel like doing something different, you can also go bowfishing for Bull Nose Stingray in June.
All trips come with all quality rods and tackle, along with lures, bait, and license. The crew will send you catch home filleted and packaged, ready to go straight into the frying pan.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Trojan (Express cruiser) originally built in 1977, and restored in 2015. Powered by a 380HP Cummins engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 21 knots.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 2.5% fee.
Neavitt Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Screaming Eagle Charters
- $150 per person - Half Day Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- $150 per person - Half Day Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $150 per person - Striped Bass Season (4 hours)
- $150 per person - Trophy Striped Bass Season (6 hours)
- $175 per person - Full Day Trip (9 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Rods, reels & tackle (I supply all rods & tackle)
- Live Bait (I supply all bait needed)
- Lures (I supply all lures needed)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (we fillet and package your catch)
- First Mate
- Fishing License (Boat License covers all anglers)
- River Fishing (Mid Chesapeake Bay and rivers)
- Inshore Fishing (Mid Chesapeake Bay)
- Trolling (Spring & Fall or for Blues & Spanish Mac)
- Spinning (with live bait or cut bait July-Sept.)
- Bowfishing (Bull Nose Sting Ray June only)
- Bass (Striped)
- Spanish Mackerel