Merganzer Fishing Charters offers full-service fishing experiences at a variety of lengths, heading onto Lake Michigan for Salmon, Trout, and Perch. The focus of each trip is to make sure everyone has a fun and productive time on the water, no matter their age or experience level. So get down to the dock, and get ready for some of the best fishing Lake Michigan has to offer!
There is no better place to enjoy the beauty of the Great Lakes than aboard Captain Daryl’s 34 Tiara cruiser. The vessel is large and spacious enough to carry 6 guests in complete comfort, and has an air-conditioned interior with a cabin, galley, enclosed head, and plenty of space to relax in the cool on a hot summer’s day.
This is not just some pleasure cruise, however, the vessel has been set up for targeting the best and biggest the lake has to offer, and comes equipped with everything from GPS and Fishfinder to outriggers and downriggers to make sure you get the best angling experience fishing for the delicious fish which inhabit the lake.
The thing that sets Merganzer Fishing Charters apart from the pack is the skill and care with which each trip is run. Captain Daryl has been fishing Lake Michigan for over 30 years, and has been running charters for almost two decades. He is joined on each trip by his energetic and experienced first mate, and the two of them will work with you from the moment you book to make sure your trip is as special as it can be.
All trips come with tackle and bait, just remember to bring your fishing license with all necessary stamps, and a big cooler to take all your catch home in at the end of the day!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Tiara (Cruiser) originally built in 1987. Powered by 2 350HP Mercury Cruiser engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 28 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 2% fee.
Waukegan Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Merganzer Fishing Charters
- $450 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Mon-Thur (PM) 2 Max (5 hours)
- $550 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (AM) 3 Max (5 hours)
- $550 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Mon-Thur (PM) 3 MAX (5 hours)
- $550 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (PM) 3 Max (5 hours)
- $600 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (AM/PM) 4 MAX (5 hours)
- $600 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Mon-Thur (PM) 4-6 Ppl (5 hours)
- $630 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Sat-Sun (AM) 6 MAX (5 hours)
- $630 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Sat-Sun (PM) 6 MAX (5 hours)
- $690 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Fri-Sun (PM) (6 hours)
- $690 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (AM) (6 hours)
- $800 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Fri-Sat-Sun (8 hours)
- Air Conditioning
- GPS (Ray Marine Axiom)
- Fishfinder (Ray Marine Axiom)
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- First Mate
- Lake Fishing
- Lake Trout
- Perch (Yellow)
- Salmon (Chinook)
- Salmon (Coho)