Slobby Joe Charters invites you down to the Ruskin, FL, for great fun and unbeatable fishing, exploring the area’s seemingly endless backcountry. Captain Joe is all about getting people as hooked as the fish themselves. He always has a trick up his sleeve when the fish aren’t biting, and always knows “one more spot” you can try if things are not as lively as they could be.
To get the most out of Tampa Bay’s South Shore, you will need a vessel that is able to navigate nimbly through shallow backwaters and narrow creeks. You will often be in only a few inches of water as you follow those tailing fish deep into the skinny waters where they search for food.
Capt. “Slobby” Joe’s 23’ Ranger was built and rigged precisely with this in mind. With GPS, Fishfinder, a trolling motor, and a live well full of great bait, you will set out ready to tackle anything the day can throw at you.
Spend the day battling the huge Redfish which thrive in these murky waters, as well as pulling in other top food and game and table species like Cobia, Speckled Trout, and Mangrove Snapper. From May till August, you have the best chances of catching massive Tarpon and Snook.
The expansive collection of high-quality fishing tackle on board will make sure you do bring in whatever comes your way, and the choice of fresh live bait and life-like lures will have the fish fighting over who gets to bite your hook.
Most of all, though, what sets Slobby Joe Charters apart from the crowd is the level of enthusiasm and experience that becomes obvious the first time you meet your captain. Get out for a day you won’t soon forget and go home with some great catch!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Ranger (Bay boat) originally built in 1995, and restored in 2020. Powered by a 300HP Mercury engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 47 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 1 day before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Ruskin Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Slobby Joe Charters – Ruskin
- $350 per person - Friend Finder (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - The Shorty (2 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $75 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $75 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $900 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip (7 hours)
- $1,100 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - Tarpon/Sharks/Mackerel/Grouper (8 hours)
- $1,300 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - The Waterman (12 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn reels, start rods )
- Live Bait (Greenbacks, shrimp, crabs, mullet, lady fish )
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Will clean catch typically adds 30m-1.30hrs )
- Drinks (I'll have waters but a cooler for yourself is good )
- Fishing License (All licenses provided )
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- River Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing (Catching big fish in shallow water! )
- Backcountry Fishing (Advanced anglers ask about artificial trips! )
- Light Tackle (Penn reels, star and penn rods )
- Trolling (Minn kota I-pilot )
- Fly Fishing
- Black Drum
- Jack Crevalle
- Seabass (Black)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Shark (Bonnethead)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spotted Seatrout