Tuna Hunter Fishing Charters offers professional, private sport fishing charters for anglers of all abilities and all ages. Join Captain Gary Cannell to discover Gloucester fishing at its finest. With over 40 years of fishing experience, he ought to know what he’s doing.
Don’t let the name mislead you – though Tuna Hunter excels in going after giant Bluefin Tuna, they’re superb in every aspect of deep sea fishing. They don’t shy away from inshore fishing either, so Capt. Gary will guide you through Striped Bass fishing in the surrounding Cape Ann waters if that’s what you’d prefer.
However, catching enormous Tuna is your captain’s passion, so if you’re ready to wrestle with the giants, he will show you where and how it’s done. The feat will require a bit of luck, skill, and patience, as getting those bad boys into the boat can take up to a couple of hours. However, the effort will definitely be worth it when you first set your eyes on the monster you just caught.
You may also catch Haddock, Flounder, Bluefish, and even some Sharks. Rods, reels, bait, tackle as well as instruction (as needed or requested) are provided, you just need to come aboard and get ready to fish.
These angling escapades wouldn’t be possible without a trusty boat like Capt. Gary’s 36’ Runaway. She is outfitted with two 240 HP Volvo engines and can take you out steadily and comfortably. The vessel will take up to 6 anglers for a day of amazing angling experiences.
Corporate, family and group outings are Tuna Hunter Fishing Charters specialty, so invite whoever you think would be the best company for your fishing expedition and come aboard!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Runaway (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1984. Powered by 2 240HP Volvo engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 25 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Gloucester Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Tuna Hunter Fishing Charters
- $800 per group - Half Day Trip - Inshore (5 hours)
- $1,150 per group - Full Day Trip—Striped Bass/Bluefish (8 hours)
- $1,550 per group - Full Day Trip - Cod/Haddock (9 hours)
- $1,550 per group - Full Day Trip - Giant Bluefin Tuna (9 hours)
- $1,550 per group - Full Day Trip - Sharks (9 hours)
- $1,850 per group - 12 Hour Offshore Marathon (12 hours)
- Toilet (Marine head, steps to access)
- Live Bait Well (Chunks don't scream!)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Top notch tackle, meticulously maintained)
- Live Bait (We catch live bait most every trip)
- Lures (if conditions dictate, we use lures too)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Bring ice for the ride home)
- First Mate
- Fishing License (Our license covers you while aboard)
- Fly Fishing Equipment (For Stripers and Bluefish)
- Inshore Fishing (Inshore along the rocks and islands of Cape Ann)
- Offshore Fishing (Offshore to Stellwagen, Jeffries, Ipswich Bay etc.)
- Light Tackle (Meticulously maintained)
- Heavy Tackle (Penn 130s, custom Hardy rods)
- Bottom Fishing (Haddock, Pollack, Cod when regulations allow)
- Trolling (Early or late season as conditions merit)
- Spinning (Striped bass and Bluefish)
- Drift Fishing
- Kite Fishing (When winds allow)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Bass (Striped)
- Mackerel (Atlantic)
- Shark (Blue)
- Shark (Mako)
- Shark (Porbeagle)
- Tuna (Bluefin)