Trey Rod Fishing Charters are the perfect opportunity to spend some time on the beautiful flats of Tampa Bay, Florida. Captain Trajan “Trey” Rodriguez is a fourth-generation Tampa native who has been fishing since his childhood. He’s here to bring you the best of these waters, whether you’re in search of a Tarpon or your very own Inshore Slam!
Step aboard a 23’ Shearwater powered by a 250 HP Yamaha 4-stroke engine. This vessel is fitted with top of the line gear and advanced fishing technology, including GPS, fishfinder, and a trolling motor. Capt. Trey will have the live bait well fully stocked when you arrive. He supplies Tsunami rods and Penn reels. Up to four passengers are welcome to join him on board.
While fishing the flats of Tampa Bay, Capt. Trey will help you target Snook, Redfish, and Speckled Trout. Catching all three of these in one day will earn you the bragging rights to an Inshore Slam. You will have a chance to try your hand at various techniques such as jigging, spinning, and bottom fishing.
You’re likely to hook into a variety of other species while casting lines in these shallow waters, including Cobia, Mackerel, Jack Crevalle, and small Sharks.
In summer Capt. Trey can help you land a Tarpon, one of Florida’s most popular catches. No bucket list is complete without the Silver King, a hard-fighting fish who puts on one of the most spectacular displays. You can come aboard for a few hours and head straight to the action, or spend a full day on board and make the most of your time on the water.
Trey Rod Fishing Charters include a fishing license and all the gear you need. You are welcome to take home any fish that are legal to keep and Capt. Trey will clean and fillet them for you.
Come aboard and spend your time in Tampa Bay fishing for some of Florida’s most sought-after prizes!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Shearwater (Bay boat) originally built in 2007. Powered by a 250HP Yamaha 4 Stroke engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 50 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3.5% fee.
Tampa Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Trey Rod Fishing Charters, LLC
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Night Fishing (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- $700 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip – Tarpon Fishing (AM) (6 hours)
- $700 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip – Tarpon Fishing (PM) (6 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- $900 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - 3/4 Day Trip – Tarpon Fishing (8 hours)
- $1,100 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip – Tarpon fishing (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Tsunami rods, Penn reels)
- Live Bait (All live bait fishing, bait prepared beforehand)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Water only)
- Fishing License
- River Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Black Drum
- Grouper (Gag)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Seabass (Black)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spotted Seatrout