Pacific Boat Rentals operates out of the famous sportfishing town of Jaco, Costa Rica, meeting clients on the beautiful Playa Herradura and taking them out for a great day on the water. The Mad Marlin is their latest vessel and the perfect boat to really get the most out of these legendary waters.
The Mad Marlin is a 24’ Polar walkaround, completely overhauled in 2017 and now looking as good a the day she was built. She can carry groups of up to six guests, cruising at over 20 knots to take you to the very best fishing spots around. The boat features a covered top to escape the sun and an enclosed head for extra comfort and convenience.
The vessel is rigged and ready for big battles offshore. A full battery of Raymarine electronics starts sweeping the deep in search of fish as soon as you leave the dock. Once you find them, her Taco 15’ outriggers and Cannon Easi-Troll downriggers will make sure no fish is out of reach.
Choose between half and full day trips, with the option of morning and afternoon charters and the ability to fish offshore or stay in the nearby bays. Both of these will produce amazing fishing, with big Marlin and Sailfish offshore and tasty Snappers and Mackerel inshore.
All Pacific Boat Rentals trips come with quality light and heavy tackle for a variety of techniques, as well as plenty of bait and one fishing license (additional licenses must be purchased at the cost of $15 per angler). You will also be given plenty of snacks and drinks to keep you going.
At the end of your trip, all your fish will be cleaned and filleted for you. You can take this away and cook it up or have it prepared in a local restaurant as the perfect end to your day, while you celebrate your triumphs and toast to the perfect fishing trip aboard the Mad Marlin.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Polar (Walkaround) originally built in 2005, and restored in 2017. Powered by 2 115HP Yamaha 115TXR engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 26 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, an additional 5% charge will apply.
Herradura Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Pacific Boat Rentals - Mad Marlin
- $675 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Last Minute Full Day *Super Offer* (8 hours)
- $675 per group - Private Charter to Tortuga's Island (6 hours)
- $690 per group - Half Day Fishing Trip (AM) (5 hours)
- $820 per group - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- $860 per group, additional $139 per person after 2 guests - Extreme offshore 10 hours Trip (10 hours)
- $1,600 per group, additional $1,300 per person after 1 guest - Seamounts Extreme Marlin 1 1/2 Days (24 hours)
- Fishfinder (Raymarine C125 MFD)
- Snorkeling Equipment (Calcuta Masks)
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System
- Outriggers (Taco 15')
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Lures (Dead bait provided, live bait used as caught.)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Beer, soft drinks & water)
- First Mate
- Lunch (Full Days get free lunch)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (25-45 miles)
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Spearfishing (Customer provide equipment)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Snowy)
- Marlin (Black)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (Striped)
- Snapper (Cubera)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Trevally (Giant)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)