Taupo Lake Adventures invites you on a fishing trip to remember. You will explore the majestic scenery of the Taupo Lake in New Zealand and get to fish for Trout. In the words of Captain Nick, ‘the fishing pressure is low, the Trout are big, and the scenery is breathtaking.’ All this is possible year round. And, it’s suitable for families with kids and serious veteran fishermen. Here you will find a tasty tablefare.
Captain Nick is an experienced angler. He’s been fishing for Trout since he was a young boy and could hold the rod. The past thirty years have seen him fishing around the Lake Taupo fisheries. Numerous repeat customers confirm his expertise and professionalism. Just have a look at the photos, and you’ll know what we’re talking about.
You will be fishing from a 37’ Markline flybridge named ‘Bravado III’. She is powered by two 210 HP Volvo Penta engines. The boat is fitted with navigational electronics, has a flush toilet, kitchen, a bed, as well as Scotty downriggers, and an ice box. Onboard, you will find an assortment a quality tackle and rods.
As you go fishing for Trout, you can try harling, deep trolling, and jigging. Captain Nick is versed in these techniques and will land you a hand if you’re a beginner. Novice anglers will learn as the trip goes. Depending on where you want to go, you could be fishing within 10 to 20 minutes of the departure. And, if you’re having a blast and want to extend the trip, you can. Children are welcome to join the chase.
You don’t need to bring the gear - the crew will take care of that. There is complimentary coffee and tea onboard. You should bring your own food and snacks, as well as other drinks. Fishing licenses are required. Captain can provide you with fishing licenses at $20 per adult angler or $4.50 for a child angler.
Put on adequate clothes and footwear, and bring a camera. The crew will pack and clean your catch so you can take it home, and they can vacuum it and smoke it, if you’d like.
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Markline (Flybridge) originally built in 1987, and restored in 2007. Powered by 2 210HP Volvo Penta engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 24 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
Taupo Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Taupo Lake Adventures Ltd
- NZ $320 per group, additional NZ $30 per person after 8 guests - Catch & Go (PM) (2 hours)
- NZ $320 per group, additional NZ $30 per person after 8 guests - Catch & Go (AM) (2 hours)
- NZ $480 per group, additional NZ $45 per person after 8 guests - Half Day Trip - Trout Fishing (AM) (3 hours)
- NZ $480 per group, additional NZ $45 per person after 8 guests - Half Day Trip - Trout Fishing (PM) (3 hours)
- NZ $640 per group, additional NZ $60 per person after 8 guests - Extended Half Day (AM) (4 hours)
- NZ $640 per group, additional NZ $60 per person after 8 guests - Extended Half Day (PM) (4 hours)
- NZ $1,360 per group, additional NZ $150 per person after 8 guests - Full Day Trip - Big Day Out (6 hours)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Lake Fishing (Lake Taupo)
- Light Tackle
- Trolling (Scotty Downriggers)
- Brown Trout
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)