Deepstar Charters welcomes you aboard to spend the day fishing for delicious reef fish and highly-prized offshore species on a safe, dependable boat with a skilled skipper. Jump aboard at either Tauranga or Mount Maunganui, depending on the trip, and head out in search of Snapper, Tarakihi, Hapuka, and more. You can invite the whole street over for lunch after one of these trips!
The “Deepstar” is a classic Carey Boats commercial fishing vessel, painstakingly-restored in 2016 and equipped with a new pair of Gardner engines to get you out to the fishing grounds in no time. The boat can carry up to 20 anglers in comfort, or 10 on Hapuka trips. She has a full bathroom, showers, and comfortable accommodations for longer trips.
Depending on your charter, you could be fishing the local waters around Motiti Island or heading all the way out to Mayor Island. Local reef trips target Tarakihi, Snapper, John Dory, Trevally, Pink Moamoa, and more. Book in for a 24-hour adventure, and you can catch all these reef fish then head out and land Hapuka, Bluenose, Seabass, and Gemfish!
Bring your own fishing gear along, or rent from the boat for a reasonable fee. Rods, reels, and tackle cost $20 per rod for bottom fishing or $30 for Hapuka gear. Bait can also be arranged for $20, depending on the bait you want.
What Deepsea Charters offers is a great boat with cutting-edge electronics and a full array of safety equipment. They will put you on the fish reliably and securely. So if you want a day of great fun and big hookups, jump aboard and head out to sea, all your favorite fish are waiting!
You Keep Catch
About the Captain
About this listing
Carey Boat (Commercial) originally built in 1979, and restored in 2016. Powered by a 180HP Gardner 6LXB engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 8 knots.
Types of fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Tauranga Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Deepstar Charters
- NZ $90 per person - 6 Hour Trip – Reef Shared (6 hours)
- NZ $100 per person - 9 Hour - Reef (Shared) (9 hours)
- NZ $1,400 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Reef Private (6 hours)
- NZ $1,500 per group - 9 Hour - Weekday Reef (Private) (9 hours)
- NZ $1,600 per group - 9 Hour - Weekend Reef (Private) (9 hours)
- NZ $1,900 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Hapuka (MAX 10) (12 hours)
- NZ $2,100 per group - 24 Hour Trip – Hapuka (MAX 10) (24 hours)
- Toilet Full flush toilet
- GPS MaxSea TimeZero Professional
- Fishfinder Furuno FCV- 295 2 KW
- Bed 10 passenger bunks
- Live Bait Well
- Kitchen Complete cooking and cleaning facilities
- Refrigerator New 60-ltr 3-way fridge
- Multimedia System Full Pioneer AVH-X1850DVD multimedia system
- Ice Box Small full freezer and large chiller in back hold
- Radar Furuno 24 mile
- Inshore Fishing (Day trips toward Motiti Island)
- Offshore Fishing (Usually 24 hr trips to Mayor Island for Hapuka etc)
- Reef Fishing (Inshore fishing for species specified)
- Bottom Fishing (Ledger rigs 8-10 ounce sinkers 3/0 hooks with at le)
- Deep Sea Fishing (At least 500meters of 24 kg nylon or braid 27-30 ou)
- Bluenose Warehou
- John Dory
- Pink Maomao
- Snapper (Pink)
- Trevally (Golden)