Dubula Amanzi means “shoot through the water” in Zulu. And that’s exactly what you’ll be doing on your day out with Captain Kirwin “The Fish Whisperer” Wyatt and his Dubula Amanzi Fishing Charters!
Head to Durban Harbour and hop onboard the ‘Umona Phantsi,’ a 28’ Butt Cat fishing machine. She is a fast, stable, and safe boat with twin 150 HP Suzuki engines. The Umona Phantsi is ready to give you a fun-filled and productive fishing experience thanks to her semi-commercial layout for ease of ‘dubulaaring.’
Enjoy your day on the water in a friendly atmosphere and make a great catch possible. The crew has tailored a variety of packages that can suit any angler’s needs. There is everything to your liking, from short bay, harbour, and backline fishing to deep sea, reef, and game fishing adventures and offshore Marlin extravaganza.
Check the bite in the sheltered waters of the bay and get your hands on Shad and Mackerel. There is hardly a better way to teach your kids fishing than spending your day in the calm waters of the harbour!
Venture to the local reefs for a fun bottom-fishing or trolling adventure for Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Wahoo, Marlin, Rocked, Musselcracker, and other local species such as Rubberlips, Slinger, Soldiers, and Englishman. Try your hand at light/medium tackle fishing for Cape Salmon and Grouper. The opportunities abound!
All trips include the use of rods, reels, tackle, and lures. As part of your trip, you will be able to catch your own bait. The deckhand will clean your catch at the end of the trips – tips are highly appreciated!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Butt Cat (Saltwater fishing) originally built in 2005, and restored in 2016. Powered by 2 150HP Suzuki 4-Strokes engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 32 knots.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 5% fee.
Durban Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Dubula Amanzi Fishing Charters
- ZAR 2,500 per group - 3 Hr Trip - Bay/Harbour (AM) (3 hours)
- ZAR 2,500 per group - 3 Hr Trip - Bay/Harbour (PM) (3 hours)
- ZAR 4,000 per group - 4 Hr Trip - Bay/Harbour (AM) (4 hours)
- ZAR 4,000 per group - 4 Hr Trip - Bay/Harbour (PM) (4 hours)
- ZAR 4,600 per group - 4 Hr Trip - Backline/Inshore (AM) (4 hours)
- ZAR 4,600 per group - 4 Hr Trip - Backline/Inshore (PM) (4 hours)
- ZAR 5,000 per group - 5 Hr Trip - Custom (AM) (5 hours)
- ZAR 5,000 per group - 5 Hr Trip - Custom (PM) (5 hours)
- ZAR 8,750 per group - 6 Hr Trip - Deep Sea/Reef/Game (6 hours)
- ZAR 9,900 per group - 8 Hr Trip - Deep Sea/Reef/Game (8 hours)
- ZAR 11,000 per group - 10 Hr Trip - Deep Sea/Reef/Game (10 hours)
- ZAR 12,250 per group - 12 Hr Trip - Marlin (12 hours)
- Air Conditioning
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (Caught during the trip)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate (Tips are appreciated)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (Up to 30 miles)
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Geelbek (Cape Salmon)
- Jack Crevalle
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Snapper (Red)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack