RiverPeople Guides is a small, family-owned business that runs guided fishing trips in Calgary, Alberta. With Captain Osman Hamzic as your guide, you can look forward to a memorable time in places that include the Glacial Lakes in Banff National Park as well as the upper and lower Bow River, truly sights to behold.
You will find available packages for both regular boat trips, as well as wading trips if you’re more interested in going on foot. Osman has a custom-built 16’ mahogany drift boat with enough room for two prospective anglers to hop on.
While Bow River is certainly beautiful, as you can see from the photos, nothing compares to actually seeing the landscape in person. The upper Bow River is an especially scenic part filled with wildlife and breathtaking vistas.
The lower Bow River, on the other hand, is the place to go if you’re looking to catch some world-class Trout. Captain Osman is a passionate fly fisherman and will be happy to exchange tips and tricks with all his guests.
The price of any given trip includes rods, reels, and terminal tackle. You will need to bring a standard province license, as well as a pair of polarized sunglasses and a hat. If you prefer using your own gear, feel free to bring your own fly fishing gear or spin casters and artificials (a strict ‘no live bait’ policy is in force).
You will be served a delicious hot lunch on the riverbank on full day trips and, if requested, on jet boat trips.
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Stealthcraft (Drift boat) originally built in 2018. Powered by a 1HP Human powered engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 2 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
FAQs about Riverpeople Guides
- CA $500 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip - Bow River (PM) (5 hours)
- CA $500 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip - Bow River (AM) (5 hours)
- CA $550 per group, additional CA $100 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip - Hike/Wade Fishing (8 hours)
- CA $600 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip - Lower Bow River (8 hours)
- CA $600 per group, additional CA $100 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip - Reeling in Pike (8 hours)
- CA $600 per group, additional CA $100 per person after 2 guests - Jet Boat Fly Fishing (4 hours)
- CA $1,600 per day per group, additional CA $100 per person after 1 guest - 3 Day Fishing Trip (3 days)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- River Fishing
- Lake Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing
- Brown Trout
- Lake Trout
- Pike (Northern)
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)
- Whitefish (Lake)