Florida Backcountry Fishing welcomes you aboard for an awesome day in the Floridian sun. Every trip is tailored to what you want to do, with a wide range of techniques and habitats to choose from and an experienced captain to put you on them all.
Never fished before? Awesome, we love teaching people what we know about fishing! It’s our passion and we are always happy to share. No pressure, no judgment, just fun, and the excitement of learning something new.
You will be spending the day aboard a 20’ Carolina Skiff DLV, capable of hitting 30 knots and carrying 6 guests (up to 4 adults) out in search of big fish and great times! She has a livewell to keep your bait fresh, a full range of marine electronics to track down the best fish, and quality tackle to bring them in.
Florida Backcountry Fishing specializes in fishing shallow grass flats and island coves for Snook, Redfish, Trout, Tarpon, Bonefish, and more in the unspoiled waters of Biscayne Bay, the Upper Keys, Flamingo, Florida Bay, and Ten Thousand Islands.
Not really interested in fishing? Just here to enjoy Florida’s stunning waters and beaches? Jump aboard for a day hopping islands and sandbars. You can visit some of the most beautiful spots in the state, swim and sunbathe on remote beaches, and take in the sights the best way possible - from the water!
Captain Clyde offers all this and more on his awesome range of charters. His aim on every trip is to make things as simple and easy as possible while giving you complete control and flexibility as to how you spend your day. In short, his aim is to give you the perfect day on the water, whatever that means to you. Captain Mike is his right-hand man who might also be in charge of your charter.
The maximum number of adults onboard is 4 and the Captain can accommodate up to 2 additional kids. Please keep in mind that there is a weight limit of 1400 pounds.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Carolina Skiff DLV (Bay boat) originally built in 2018. Powered by a 115HP Suzuki engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Islamorada Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Florida Backcountry Fishing
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip – Fishing (AM) (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip – Fishing (PM) (4 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 3/4 Day Trip – Fishing (AM) (6 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip – Fishing (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box (Separate cooler for kept catch.)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn, KastKing, Vexan, Diawa)
- Live Bait (Caught on the trip.)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Bottled Water)
- Fishing License (Additional Everglades pass is required. $30 fee.)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing (Near the main islands and channels.)
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing (National Park Pass is required. $30 fee to Park.)
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing (Your tackle, none provided by us.)
- Drift Fishing (Over certain flats and bays)
- Barracuda (Great)
- Snapper (Red)
- Spotted Seatrout