Florida Backcountry Fishing welcomes you aboard for an awesome day in the Florida sun. Every trip is tailored to what you want to do, with a wide range of fishing techniques and habitats to choose from and an experienced captain to put you on them all.
Never fished before? Awesome, we love teaching people what we know about fishing! It’s our passion and we are always happy to share it. No pressure, no judgment, just fun, and the excitement of learning something new.
You will be spending the day aboard an 18’ Kenner/Nitro flats boat, capable of cruising at 30 knots and carrying 4 guests (up to 4 adults within weight restrictions) out in search of fun fishing and great times! She has a livewell to keep your bait fresh, a full range of marine electronics to navigate the best fishing areas, and quality tackle to bring them in.
Florida Backcountry Fishing offers specialized fishing on shallow grass flats and in island coves for Snook, Redfish, Trout, Tarpon, Bonefish, (when in season), and more in the unspoiled waters of Islamorada, Flamingo, and Florida Bay.
Not really interested in fishing? Just here to enjoy Florida’s stunning waters? Jump aboard for a day hopping islands and cruising the backwaters. You can visit some of the most beautiful spots in the state and sunbathe on the way and take in the sights the best way possible - from the water!
Captain Clyde and his team, including Captain Mike on occasion, offer all this and more on his awesome range of charters. His aim on every trip is to make things as simple and easy as possible while giving you complete guidance and flexibility as to how you spend your day. In short, his aim is to give you the perfect day on the water, whatever that means to you.
The maximum number of adults onboard is 4 and the captain can accommodate up to 3 kids with one adult. Please keep in mind that there is a weight limit of 600 pounds.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Kenner/Nitro (Bay boat) originally built in 2018. Powered by a 90HP Mercury engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and avoid unnecessary hassle with carrying extra cash.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 25% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Islamorada Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Florida Backcountry Fishing
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $550 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hour Trip (6 hours)
- $710 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Shark Experience (6 hours)
- $750 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Tarpon April-June (6 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour – Ultimate Experience (MAX4) (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box Separate cooler for kept catch.
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (When needed and or available)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Bottled Water)
- Fishing License (Additional Everglades pass is required. $30 fee.)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing (Near the main islands and channels.)
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing (National Park Pass is required. $30 fee to Park.)
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing (Your tackle, none provided by us.)
- Drift Fishing (Over certain flats and bays)
- Barracuda (Great)
- Jack Crevalle
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)
- Spotted Seatrout