The bountiful waters of Lake Superior are some of the best places to do freshwater fishing in the world. Combine that fact with the vast experience Happy Hooker Charters have fishing this productive area and you have the recipe for a fun and memorable fishing adventure!
Climb aboard their 32’ Marinette express cruiser, originally built in 1970 and restored in 2016. She’s proven the quality of her build over decades of use, now refurbished with all the modern amenities you can expect. You’ll stay comfortable while hitting up to 30 knots, her maximum cruising speed. A full-head toilet, bed, and kitchen are present on board, to ensure you can focus on the fish.
Experienced captains of Happy Hooker Charters will take you after the gorgeous fish in Lake Superior, St. Louis Bay, and St. Louis River. You’ll mostly troll for Lake Trout, but other species targeted are Chinook and Coho Salmon, Brown Trout, Steelhead, and Walleye. Downriggers are available to extend your reach when trolling.
You will be provided with quality rods and reels made by Shimano. The crew will clean and fillet your catch free of charge. The first mate is on board to give you a hand with anything you need, he works for tips so gratuity is greatly appreciated. Children, seniors, and veterans are more than welcome aboard!
If you’re ready to see just why the Dahl family has been one of the most successful fishing charters on Lake Superior for over 40 years now, book a trip with Happy Hooker Charters!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Marinette (Express cruiser) originally built in 1987. Powered by 2 250HP Chrysler engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Duluth Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Happy Hooker Charters
- $525 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (5 hours)
- $525 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (5 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- GPS (Lowrance and Garmin)
- Fishfinder (Lowrance structure scan)
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box (Cooler for your fish)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Shimano)
- Live Bait (When conditions dictate)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Free filleting and bagging)
- First Mate
- River Fishing (St. Louis River)
- Lake Fishing (Lake Superior)
- Inshore Fishing (Walleye and Muskie in St. Louis Bay)
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Brown Trout
- Lake Trout
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)
- Salmon (Chinook)
- Salmon (Coho)