Need help with a booking, cancellations, refunds or have a question for us?
How can we help?
If you want to find out more about a captain's offer or have questions about the charter, follow these steps:
Scroll down to the bottom of the charter listing page and press the Contact Captain button.
- This will open the Contact Captain form.
- Enter the details and click the Send Message button to send your message.
In case of unsafe weather conditions (at the captain's discretion), you will be offered the choice to reschedule your trip or cancel it and receive a full refund.
Your captain is the one who decides to cancel the trip. As soon as the captain notifies us that your trip needs to be canceled, we will process a refund of your deposit and notify you via email.If for any reason the captain does not notify FishingBooker in a timely manner, and we hear about the cancellation from you, we will need to confirm your claim with the captain. As soon as we get in touch with him to confirm and approve the refund, we will process it and notify you via email.
Some captains prefer to approve booking requests manually to ensure they have all the information they need before confirming a trip.
Once you submit a booking request, the captain will have 24 hours to reply. Captains usually reply within a couple of hours.
If your captain doesn't respond within 24 hours, the request will expire and we will do our best to find a suitable alternative for you. Our team will reach out to you via email to advise on the reason your request was declined and to offer alternatives.Note: If you book a trip which has the Instant Book sign, your request will be confirmed immediately.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the charter listing page and press the Contact Captain button.
To pay for your fishing trip you need to:
Place your deposit.
- When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card with a deposit to guarantee your reservation.
Pay the remaining balance to the captain.
- You will pay the remaining balance to the captain on the day of your trip or one day prior to it.
On FishingBooker, captains are the ones who set the cancellation policy. Most captains offer a free cancellation policy with individually set advance notice periods (from 24 hours to 60 days). If you cancel your trip within the advance notice period, you are eligible for a full refund; otherwise, you will forfeit the deposit.
Other captains have a "non-refundable" policy, which means you will forfeit the deposit any time you cancel your trip.You will see a captain's cancellation policy on the charter listing page. To view this information, scroll down to the Policies section of the page.
- Place your deposit.
You can see if snacks and drinks are included in the price of your trip on the charter listing page.
Scroll down to the Trip Includes section and look for Snacks and Drinks.
Note: If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, contact the captain to check what they provide.
What do I bring if it isn't included?When drinks and snacks are not included feel free to bring a small cooler for your lunch and beverages. Note that for safety reasons captains usually don't allow glass on board, so bringing drinks in cans is advised.
I want to change the date of my reservation
If you need to change the details of a confirmed reservation you can submit a change request.
To change the date for your reservation, submit a request through your FishingBooker profile.
This article will teach you how to change the date of your reservation.
I want to change the number of people of my reservation
If you need to change the number of people or type of trip, contact us to process your request.
Things to know before changing a reservation:
- If you are changing the number of guests, please let the captain know ahead of time so they can prepare accordingly.
- If you submit a change request after the captain's free cancellation period has passed and your request is declined, you can either keep the original reservation or cancel your trip. Your cancellation will be processed according to captain's cancellation policy.
If you submitted a reservation request, the captain needs to accept it in order for your reservation to be confirmed (unless you booked with Instant Book).You can check the current status of your reservation under My Bookings on your FishingBooker profile.
Please do not create a new account if you forgot your password or want to change it.
If you forgot your password
- Click the Log In button in the top right-hand corner of the home page.
- When asked to enter your login details, click Forgot Password.
- Enter your email address into the text field and press the Send Reset Link button.
- You will receive an email with instructions to reset your password.
If you know your password and want to change it
- Click your Name in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Click the Settings button to access your account details.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Click the Password button at the top of the page.
- Enter your current password and the new password you would like to use.
- Click Update your password.
FishingBooker does not sell gift certificates at this time, but we can provide you with a printable card with the text of your choice.
If you want to arrange a trip as a surprise for a special occasion, you can contact the captain, discuss the details, and book the trip.Once you have a surprise trip booked, you can contact us to request a printable card.
How can we help?
If you’re a charter operator, we’ll advertise your business on Google, Bing, Instagram, Facebook, and other online platforms absolutely for free. We will also write an SEO-friendly description, make sure your photos look as good as possible, and recommend your business to our customers.
How do we make money then? FishingBooker keeps a commission from every successfully booked trip that takes place. If the trip is canceled on behalf of bad weather, the captain, or the customer, the commission is either refunded to the customer or sent to the captain. We only make money if you go fishing.
You have full control over your prices and availability – it’s easy to fit the customers we send you into your regular client schedule.Once a customer requests to book a trip with you, you’ll be notified with an email, text message, and Captain App notification. If you accept the booking, you’ll get direct contact with the customer so you can work out any details.
Our goal is to present your business accurately while making it as attractive as possible for your potential customers.
There are several things we do for each and every charter operator on FishingBooker to make sure you have the best chance possible at getting bookings. All of this is geared towards getting you new customers that will fit perfectly in your schedule when you don't have your regulars fishing.
- Online advertising - We will advertise you through Google, Bing, Facebook and more.
- Listing optimization - We'll attract customers to your business by making your listing look as good as possible.
- Recommendations - Our Customer Happiness team will recommend your business to our customers based on their preference and your offer.
For more detailed information, check out this article.
There are multiple ranking factors that determine your position in search results on FishingBooker:
- Success rate– the percentage of bookings you received and successfully completed influences your ranking.
- Instant Book – enabling Instant Book boosts your ranking.
- Verification – being verified boosts your ranking.
- Review score – the number and score of your verified and unverified reviews influences your ranking.
- Commission – the percentage of your commission influences your ranking.
- Captain App – having the Captain App installed boosts your ranking.
- Quality Assurance – having your listing optimized by the Content team boosts your ranking.
- Widget– placing our Widget on your website boosts your ranking.
- Price Adjustment– if the prices on your listing don't match our Best Price Guarantee, your ranking will be negatively influenced.
You need an account to create a listing on FishingBooker. To create an account and list your boat, follow these steps:
If you don't have an account
Follow these steps to create an account:
- Go to our homepage.
Click on the List your boat button.
- This will take you to a new page.
Follow the instructions on the page.
- You can create an account with an email, a Facebook account, or a Google account.
If you already have an account
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Click on Listing
- This will take you to a new page.
- Click on + New Listing.
- Enter the location of your listing.
- Click Save & Create Listing.
- Fill in your listing details following the tips below.
To set your trips up, follow these steps:
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Click on the Listings.
Click on the Calendar and More button.
- This will take you to a new page.
- Click on the Trips section on the left-hand side of the screen.
Listings on FishingBooker give very detailed information about your service and the vessel you run, which is why we recommend advertising one boat per listing. You can have multiple listings for different boats and synchronize the calendars between them. All of the listings will appear under your profile and give your business greater visibility as a whole.
You can have multiple boats on your listing if the other boat has the same: type, capacity, length, prices and amenities.
Only if all of the above applies, you can advertise multiple boats on one listing. Please make sure to have at least one picture of each boat. It's best if you have a picture of the boats together, next to each other.If you have questions about this or want to discuss it further, please contact our Content team.
We understand that cancellations happen. But as they disrupt your customer's plans, penalties may be applied to your account depending on the reason for your cancellation.This means trip cancellations can negatively impact your ranking on FishingBooker.
Instant Book Cancellations
You can cancel a maximum of 4 Instant Book trips before the feature is disabled for 1 year on your listing.
No penalties will be applied to your account if you cancel a trip for one of the following reasons:
- Bad Weather
- Emergencies & Extenuating circumstances
If a customer requests to cancel their reservation, we will process the request according to your cancellation policy.
If your policy is not breached
If a customer requests a cancellation without violating your cancellation policy, FishingBooker will issue them a full refund of their deposit payment.
If your policy is breached
If a customer requests to cancel a trip and violates your cancellation policy, FishingBooker will forward the customer's deposit payment to you.
Bad WeatherThe customer will get a refund of their deposit only once you confirm the trip was canceled due to bad weather.
To cancel a reservation as a Captain follow these steps:
- Go to Bookings on your FishingBooker profile.
- Find the booking you need to cancel.
- Click View Details.
- Click Request Cancellation.
- Choose a cancellation reason, and add a note (optional).
- Click Request Cancellation (Desktop and Mobile) or Confirm (Captain App)
Being verified means that our Compliance team has checked your documentation and we know you are a licensed and registered captain or guide.
We do not need to know your current address, date of birth, or the amount paid for the document. When you scan your documents to submit them, you can either crop the image or black out that information.
Please note that we do need to see what type of document it is, your name, and the date of expiry.
To get verified on desktop or mobile, follow these steps:
Verifying your listing is beneficial in several ways:
- You will have a Verified badge on your listing.
- Customers are more likely to book trips with a verified captain than an unverified one.
- Being verified positively influences your ranking in search results on our website.
You do not need to update your documents for verification on FishingBooker every year. Be sure to note when certain documents will expire and renew them on time.You only need to update your documentation on FishingBooker when you renew a document; otherwise, our automated system will mark outdated documents as expired and you will lose your verification status.
If a customer cancels a trip in violation of your cancellation policy, we will send the deposit they paid online to your preferred payout method.
Adding a Payout Method
You can add your payout methods by following these steps:
- Go to Payouts on your Fishingbooker profile.
- Enter your Business Info.
- Enter your preferred Payout Method.
When FishingBooker has a payout ready for you, we will create an invoice and send it to you for approval. Once you review the contents and approve the invoice, we will process the funds according to your payout method.
Follow these steps to approve a payout:
- Go to the Pending Payouts section.
Click the Approve button.
- A new window will open showing you the details of the payout.
Choose a Payout Method.
- Your default payout method will be preselected.
- Click Approve Payout.
Once you approve a payout, no further action is required on your part. Depending on the payout method you selected, it may take up to 12 days to receive the funds.For more detailed instructions click here.
FishingBooker usually creates an invoice for you within 24 hours from the time of cancellation.
If you only added wire transfer as your payout method, we won't create an invoice if the value is less than US$200.
Once you approve the invoice, the processing time depends on your selected payout method.
PayPal - Within 1 business day.
Check - Funds are paid within 7 business days (+ 5 business days for your bank to process the check).
Wire Transfer - Within 7 business days.
Status of your payout
You can check the status of a payout at any time in your Payouts dashboard.
Yes – You can edit a review reply up to 30 days after the review is posted. Once the 30-day period passes, the review will be locked and you won't be able to make any changes.
To invite customers who did not book through FishingBooker to leave a review for you, follow these steps:
- Go to the Manage Reviews dashboard.
- Choose Requested Reviews
- Click Request a Review
- Enter the email addresses for previous customers you want to invite.
- Click Request a Review
Review invitations are immediately sent and are valid for 30 days. If a customer doesn't submit a review during this period, you can resend the invitation at any time.
Once a customer submits a review, it may take up to 72 hours for our team to approve it.Note: Reviews submitted from your own email or IP address will not be approved.
If you want us to stop advertising you on Google, but would like to continue being a part of FishingBooker, send us an email request to [email protected]
When will the ads disappear?Once we receive your request it will take our Marketing team one business day to process it. Once the ad is disabled, it may take up to 24 hours for it to disappear from search results.
The Angler's Choice Award is given to captains who have been rated highly by customers on FishingBooker.
If you have received the Award it will be displayed on your listing in the search results and on the listing page, below your business name.
You will also get access to the Angler's Choice widget that you can put on your website to let your other customers know your service is rated highly.
If you want to deactivate or delete your account, please contact us at [email protected].
If you have accidentally signed up as a customer, please contact us at [email protected] and we will change your account to the appropriate type.
Still need help?
We're available:2:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST (weekdays)4:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST (weekends)We can't take your call right now. Check our office hours above.
Your email has successfully been sent!
Something went wrong
Searching charter deals...
- Best Price Guaranteed
- 7 Day Customer Service
- Secure Online Booking