Winchester Bay, Oregon - the mouth of the mighty Umpuqua River and the Pacific Ocean, a place where there is a bounty of wonderful fish practically waiting to give a good angler a great fight. SOA Charters will take you to the hottest local fishing spots in search of that great fight.
The vessel used is a 28’ 250 Alaskan, manufactured by Hewescraft and designed for offshore fishing. This beauty is brand new, meaning she was built in 2020. She’s powered by twin Yamaha engines, each producing an impressive 150 HP. The boat can hold 6 anglers comfortably fishing at the same time. A live bait well is available on board, to give you an added advantage when going after the fish.
Join Captain Travis Marsh, an expert in fishing ocean waters, as you go after the stunning Salmon that’s available in the area. The Pink Fin Perch is also on the catch list. Crabs are teeming in the area and SOA Charters takes full advantage of that fact, bringing you right to the best spots for crabbing. You can expect to use light and heavy tackle, as well as do some trolling, bottom fishing or even handline. All required equipment is provided by the charter.
Children are more than welcome to come on board and get hooked on fishing, though there is a minimum age policy of 5. The captain provides vests in all sizes. The crew will clean and fillet your catch free of charge and the Crab can be cooked and cleaned at the local fishery for an extra fee. Clients are advised to bring adequate clothing, sunscreen, and polarized sunglasses.
Trips can only be booked if there are a minimum of 3 people in the group.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Hewescraft (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 2020. Powered by 2 150HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 45 knots.
Types of fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
FAQs about SOA Charters - Winchester Bay
- $100 per person - 1 Hour Trip – Afternoon Crabbing (1 hour)
- $200 per person - 7 Hour Trip – Salmon (7 hours)
- $200 per person - Deep water Lingcod & Bottom Fishing (5 hours)
- $200 per person - Long Leader Fishing - Rockfish (AM) (4 hours)
- $200 per person - Long Leader Fishing - Rockfish (PM) (4 hours)
- $200 per person - Salmon (5 hours)
- $250 per person - 7 Hour Trip – Smallmouth Bass (7 hours)
- $250 per person - 8 Hour Trip – Shad (8 hours)
- $250 per person - 8 Hour Trip – Smallmouth Bass (8 hours)
- $250 per person - 8 Hour Trip – Winter Steelhead (8 hours)
- $250 per person - Rockfish + Crabbing (4 hours)
- $350 per person - 8 Hour Trip – Offshore Halibut (8 hours)
- $350 per person - Nearshore Halibut - Rockfish AM (7 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Tuna Tubes
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- River Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing