The waters in the state of New York are a freshwater angler’s dream. The many landlocked lakes, streams, and of course, Lake Ontario make for very productive fishing. Combine that with the Alex Kolody Guide Service (that will take you to the hottest fishing spots!) and you have the recipe for a memorable fishing adventure.
Fishing with Alex can be done either from his 21’ ProCraft Bass boat or by wading. The boat has a single 225 HP outboard Evinrude engine and can take up to 3 anglers, guide not included. If you’re a fan of hiking through the gorgeous nature of NY, wading trips are right up your alley. You’ll need to bring your own chest waders, as well as be ready to hike up and down the hilly countryside. It’s all worth it, as you’ll go after gorgeous Brown and Rainbow Trouts, as well as any other fish you run into.
You can choose from a wide range of lakes in the area, including Finger Lakes, and many other streams and small rivers. You can also hit Lake Ontario (from October to April), but all locations depend on the season – talk to Alex before arriving to figure out what you want to go after.
The fish on the catch list are all gorgeous prime targets. You can go spinning, popping for Bass, jigging for Lake Trout, power-fish with heavy tackle for Bass. Ice fishing is available from January to March. Fly fishing is also an option, though you’ll have to bring your own gear.
You will be supplied with high-quality spinning and casting gear, with Alex ready to give you instructions in whatever technique you want to try. You need to get a valid fishing license before arriving though. Drinks are also provided. You can bring your own food, but bananas are not allowed.
If you’re ready for some reel-screaming freshwater action, book a trip with the Alex Kolody Guide Service and get ready to try for your new personal best!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
ProCraft Boats (Bass boat) originally built in 2000. Powered by a 225HP Evinrude engine.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
FAQs about Alex Kolody Guide Service
- $165 per person - Full Day Trip - Trout Wading (8 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (4 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Evening Weekday Trip (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Rods, reels & tackle (Tackle provided customers welcome to bring own )
- Live Bait (Will be bought before the trip IF you want to use)
- Lures (Large selection of artificial lures to choose from )
- Drinks (Will provide water and sports drinks )
- River Fishing (Only from November to April 1st)
- Lake Fishing (All waters on Lake Ontario and Fingerlakes region )
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Light Tackle (Freshwater finesse tactics )
- Heavy Tackle (Freshwater power fishing for Bass )
- Spinning (For all species listed)
- Jigging (Vertical jigging for Lake Trout )
- Popping (Topwater action for Bass )
- Fly Fishing (I do accommodate flyfishing must have own equipment)
- Ice Fishing (Only during winter January-March )
- Bass (Largemouth)
- Bass (Smallmouth)
- Brown Trout
- Lake Trout
- Perch (Yellow)
- Pike (Northern)
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)