Always dreamed of the ultimate sportfishing charter? Wonder no more: Pelican Sportfishing has you covered. Based out of San Diego, they specialize in both inshore and offshore trips, fishing a range of exciting and delicious fish.
Having fished since the age of 5, Captain Shaun Uyeda knows exactly what makes a successful fishing trip. He’s a true believer in living life to the full, and can’t wait to give you a thrilling time aboard and out on the ocean.
Head out aboard his 30’ Blackman Billfisher offshore sportfishing boat. From Simrad electronics to Seeker rods and Daiwa reels, she’s rigged with the best. Powered by a 200 HP Volvo Penta engine, you’ll whizz out to the fishing grounds, leaving all your cares behind. Up to 4 guests are welcome aboard, taking advantage of the creature comforts such as a microwave, dining table, bunk, and toilet.
Inshore trips will take place along San Diego’s pristine coastline. From Point Loma, across Mission Bay, and up to La Jolla, you’ll explore some stunning shallow waters. Get your fish on as you bottom fish for the bite of Bass, Halibut, Sheephead, Lingcod, Rockfish, Bonito, Seabass, and many more delicious and exciting fish to take home.
Heading offshore, you’ll be targeting some serious big game fish. Troll the open waters and even try your hand at kite fishing as you get ready to do battle with these monster fish. Try to fill the boat with Yellowfin, Bluefin, and Skipjack Tuna, Mahi Mahi, and Yellowtail. These strong creatures will not only give you the fight of your life, but they’ll also prove to be worthy table fare!
Get in touch with your captain to explore waters over 60 miles away, and he’ll arrange a summer overnight trip. Live bait will be prepared and the captain will even clean and fillet your catch at the end of the day. Just bring some food and drinks (no glass bottles), appropriate clothing, and sun protection and let Pelican Sportfishing do the rest. Alcohol is allowed.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Blackman Billfisher (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1996, and restored in 2018. Powered by a 200HP Volvo Penta Diesel engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 25 knots.
Types of Fishing
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
San Diego Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Pelican Sportfishing
- $700 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Coastline Rockfish (5 hours)
- $850 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Coastline (AM) (6 hours)
- $850 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Coastline (PM) (6 hours)
- $1,100 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Coastline (9 hours)
- $1,400 per group - 9 Hour – Coronado Islands (9 hours)
- $1,600 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Coronado Islands (12 hours)
- Toilet (Private)
- GPS (Lowrance HDS10)
- Fishfinder (Simrad NSS9 EVO 3 with SS175HW Transducer)
- Flybridge (Full access for 1-2 anglers)
- Live Bait Well (90 gallon )
- Kitchen (Equipped with freshwater sink)
- Refrigerator (Factory-insulated cool box)
- Multimedia System (Alpine stereo system with bluetooth )
- Ice Box (1 Ton Ice hold store fish and 1 for cold drinks)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Seeker Rods with Daiwa Reels)
- Live Bait (Sardines and or Mackerel )
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Goldfish , Trailmix, Fruitsnacks)
- Drinks (Water)
- First Mate
- Inshore Fishing (Mission Bay, La Jolla)
- Nearshore Fishing (La jolla, OB, Sunset Cliffs Point Loma)
- Offshore Fishing (Us And Mexico Waters)
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle (10 Seeker rods and Daiwa reels)
- Heavy Tackle (4 Heavy trollers with 5/0 reels)
- Bottom Fishing
- Trolling (Daisy Chains rapalas and Cedars)
- Drift Fishing
- Kite Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Pacific)
- California Sheephead
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Seabass (White)
- Shark (Blue)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack