Captain Roy Johnson was spot on when he named his business “Ultimate Fishing Charter.” If you’re looking for fish, friends, and family fun, you have picked the Ultimate experience, with all three to be found in abundance on one fine fishing boat!
Capt. Roy was born and raised in the Tampa Bay area and has spent most of his life on the waters of West Central Florida. As a third generation native Captain, Roy grew up fishing with his father, grandfather, and brother, learning to truly appreciate the wonderful fishing of the Tampa Bay area’s Gulf Coast. He has devoted his career to sharing the ultimate fishing experience with you and your favorite fishing gang. Captain Roy can provide a fun day of family fishing as well as personal fishing guidance for the more serious angler.
You will fish aboard a 22’ Skeeter powered by a 250 HP Yamaha engine. This vessel has a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots and comes equipped with everything you need. Capt. Roy provides Eupro rods, Penn reels, and Spiderwire fishing line. You are also welcome to bring your own fly fishing equipment.
While fishing inshore you can target a variety of species. Depending on the season you might reel in Redfish, Snook, Jack Crevalle, Cobia, Sharks, and more. Capt. Roy will help you target your catch by spinning, jigging, or handline fishing.
Without friends, fishing isn’t as much fun, and you will always find plenty of both friendship and fish when you fish with Ultimate Fishing Charters. A fishing license is provided for you and Capt. Roy will clean and fillet any fish you’d like to bring home.
Book now and see what everyone is talking about—fish, friends, and family fun are waiting for you!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Skeeter 220sx (Bay boat) originally built in 2014. Powered by a 250HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 1 day before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
St. Petersburg Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Ultimate Fishing Charters
- $250 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 1/4 Day Trip (2 hours)
- $399 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $399 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 1 guest - Night Trip (4 hours)
- $550 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- $699 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Eupro rods, Penn reels, Spiderwire line)
- Live Bait (Prepared before the trip)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing (BYO fly rod)
- Jack Crevalle
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spotted Seatrout