Taupo Boating & Fishing Charters is committed to tailoring a fishing trip to suit you. Fishing is the main focus but you can include other activities such as kayaking, a barbeque, a clay bird shoot, swimming, and many more. Come and discover the wealth of beauty on offer here.
Captain Dan Wood knows the Taupo waters like the back of his hand. He’s fished all over the country and boasts experience like no other. He enjoys sharing stories and promises to use all his skills and knowledge to get you on the fish and to put a smile on your face.
Step aboard the luxurious 43’ Pelin Eclipse. She is licensed for up to 23 guests, plus Crew. If you’d like to include other activities or have your trip customised to suit a special occasion, just get in touch via FishingBooker before booking.
With your comfort in mind, the modern cabin is fitted with plenty of seating, kitchen, toilet, and even a TV, WiFi, Audio System to play from your devices. You’ll be given tea and coffee throughout your trip. BYO alcohol and snacks will be placed into the onboard coolers, fridges or freezers.
She’s also a serious fishing vessel. Strong and sturdy, she’ll take you to all the best fishing spots with ease. Troll with the downriggers, or try jig fishing to entice the bite of your target fish, and reel ‘em in with top-of-the-line rods and reels.
This stunning lake compliments beauty with incredible fishing. Go after some tough-fighting and delicious fish for a thrilling and fruitful day. The famed Lake Taupo Rainbow Trout will give you a run for your money as you try to fill the boat with these beauties.
The ‘Hook-up’ of the elusive and cunning Brown Trout makes for a heart-pumping memory. Capt. Dan will clean, bag and freeze your catch, or Bake or Sashimi it onboard to share with the rest of your team as you return to port. Trips run whenever you want, so come aboard for a truly personalised experience. Let Taupo Boating & Fishing Charters look after you!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Pelin Eclipse (Cruiser) originally built in 1987, and restored in 2019. Powered by 2 230HP Volvo Penta engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 23 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Taupo Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Taupo Boating & Fishing Charters
- NZ $602 per group, additional NZ $66 per person after 6 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Fishing and Fun (3 hours)
- NZ $602 per group, additional NZ $66 per person after 6 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Fishing and Fun AM (3 hours)
- NZ $602 per group, additional NZ $66 per person after 6 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Fishing and Fun PM (3 hours)
- NZ $776 per group, additional NZ $88 per person after 6 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Fishing and Fun (4 hours)
- NZ $776 per group, additional NZ $88 per person after 6 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Fishing and Fun AM (4 hours)
- NZ $776 per group, additional NZ $88 per person after 6 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Fishing and Fun PM (4 hours)
- NZ $1,660 per group - 24 Hour – Overnight Fishing Trip (24 hours)
- Toilet (Vaccum flush)
- Bed (Sleeps up to 6 Guests comfortably)
- Flybridge (Enclosed with slider windows)
- Kitchen (Oven, hot plates, microwave, full galley and BBQ)
- Refrigerator (Freezer, Chillers & Refridgerator)
- Multimedia System (Onboard WiFi)
- Ice Box (- Makes Ice for Drinks)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Tea and coffee )
- First Mate (Crew assisted)
- Fishing License (Included in price)
- Lunch (By request)
- Lake Fishing (Taupo - enclosed waters )
- Inshore Fishing (- Harling)
- Nearshore Fishing (- Drop-offs)
- Reef Fishing (- Jig Fishing)
- Trolling (with downriggers)
- Jigging (3 x Flys with 2oz Sinker)
- Drift Fishing (- Jig Fishing)
- Brown Trout
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)